PI intake tap

gt96stang

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can pick up a tap for my pi intake... I know I am lazy and havn't looked around, so that's why I come to you guys to just tell me where I need to go :hammer:, just really slowly working on my pi swap since it's cold..

OP
OP
gt96stang

gt96stang

Reaction score
Anybody think it would be necessary to really get a torque wrench.. I mean I planned on getting one, and wouldn't mind owning one, but if you don't need it to do just the intake, I might hold off for a bit..

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you need the tap for the 2nd sensor correct?
its a 3/8-18 npt tap...i couldn't find it anywhere local and had to order it online from mcmaster-carr for like $10...i gave it to the guy i sold a PI intake and adapter plates too or i would send it to you...
you can also take your intake to a local shop and have them drill and tap it for you for like $20

Olstangguy

Reaction score
Definatly get a torque wrench. 3/8 drive 25 to 250 inch/lbs is the one i use the most. Good for spark plugs, intake, cams, lots of things. About $80 at Sears, 15 - $50 on ebay. Good luck.

smasher41

Reaction score
anyone got a picture of where to tap for the second sensor on the PI manifold. Im looking to do this in the next few weeks .
Thanks

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
smasher41 said:
anyone got a picture of where to tap for the second sensor on the PI manifold. Im looking to do this in the next few weeks .
Thanks
the same spot as where it is on your NPI intake, there is a perfect spot for it.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
you def need a trq wrench if your putting on a intake manifold. you must have the right amount of pressure applied on each bolt so it seals correctly. Dont go cheap (by not getting one), of you'll be doing everything over when it leaks O0

Adam

Reaction score
Or you can cut open the wiring and run the wiring to the sensor down the side of the motor and put it in the engine coolant plug spot on the drivers side. You don't have to cut it or splice it, just cut open the main harness laying on the drivers side of motor to locate wiring. Fits perfect and its free. Cost you a roll of electrical tape to tape harness back up. Its just the temp gauge anyway, the one on the pass side of the manifold is the one the PCM reads.

Adam

OP
OP
gt96stang

gt96stang

Reaction score
Adam said:
Or you can cut open the wiring and run the wiring to the sensor down the side of the motor and put it in the engine coolant plug spot on the drivers side. You don't have to cut it or splice it, just cut open the main harness laying on the drivers side of motor to locate wiring. Fits perfect and its free. Cost you a roll of electrical tape to tape harness back up. Its just the temp gauge anyway, the one on the pass side of the manifold is the one the PCM reads.

Adam

you got a pic of that.. I really would like to see that since nobody around here has the correct tap...

S

scarface

its a plug next to the motor mount...remove it and insert the sensor

OP
OP
gt96stang

gt96stang

Reaction score
wow, why don't more people do that instead.. seems much easier than drilling and tapping.

OP
OP
gt96stang

gt96stang

Reaction score
hmmm... guess I'm going to have to go under there and give it a look one day..

S

scarface

the heat from my long tubes on the wires deterred me from doing that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.