pi or not?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
intakesfront.jpg

the one on the right is pi right?

ck5.0

Reaction score
On a PI intake like this one (without the aluminum crossover) is there anything special you have to do to install vs one with an aluminum crossover? Aside from the adapter plates or rtv (however you plan to do it) is there anything else needed for a PI intake without the aluminum crossover install. I have seen the list that Dalamar and other put out with the things like hoses and such. I guess by basic Q is, is there any install differences like tapping the line on the aluminum between the install of a Non aluminum one and one with the aluminum crossover.

(I was getting tired of typing the damn word aluminum HA) :D

S

scarface

ck5.0 said:
On a PI intake like this one (without the aluminum crossover) is there anything special you have to do to install vs one with an aluminum crossover? Aside from the adapter plates or rtv (however you plan to do it) is there anything else needed for a PI intake without the aluminum crossover install. I have seen the list that Dalamar and other put out with the things like hoses and such. I guess by basic Q is, is there any install differences like tapping the line on the aluminum between the install of a Non aluminum one and one with the aluminum crossover.

(I was getting tired of typing the damn word aluminum HA) :D
you will need to find a spot to instal your temp sensor. Either in the side of the block, or tap the thermostat housing.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
isnt that your garage, Jeff? LOL

Yep, that's my junk.
That's the intake they blew up a few weeks back. :hammer:

ALITL8

Reaction score
LMAO your junk is the envy of all but a few on this board. i must have missed the blow up thread... point me that way :)

ck5.0

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of how they tapped the second sensor? Anything closeup or any tips on it?

S

scarface

stathousing%20(600%20x%20400).jpg

Small shallow bung welded to the thermostat housing to hold the temp gauge sensor.

ck5.0

Reaction score
You rock scarface thanks. Thanks for the info as well Dalamar. Scarface is right its a non aluminum crossover.

ck5.0

Reaction score
scarface said:
stathousing%20(600%20x%20400).jpg

Small shallow bung welded to the thermostat housing to hold the temp gauge sensor.

Is that the stock Thermostat housing?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online