PI question

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Ok guys, I had this guy contact me trying to sell me some PI heads and cams recently. Now, I own a 2000 mustang gt and I was thinking that my car already came with them. Im pretty sure I have the PI intake because I have compared them, and I know this may be a dumb question to some but I am new to the 4.6 so do I already have PI stuff??? Thanks in advance for all the feedback and help...

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Yes, having a 2000, you have a full Windsor PI setup....well from the factory anyway, so if nothing has been changed then, yes you are Performance Improved equipped :thumbsup:

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
^^^

If so, a better PI intake with the aluminum crossover would be a good buy.
That's like the thermostat housing on an 05-06 V6, a ticking timebomb

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the help, I kinda figured he was just trynna sell me some parts I didn't need...

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Did he mention the year they are off of?
May have to let you refer him to me lol

nightfire

Reaction score
That's like the thermostat housing on an 05-06 V6, a ticking timebomb

The same applies to the PI intake. The aluminum crossover doesn't extend 100% completely to the thermostat housing. It reconnects back into a 1/8" section of the plastic intake before entering into the thermostat.....which is also prone to cracking. That same section on my 02 PI intake cracked a year ago

Underside of PI intake (alum crossover connects to plastic manifold which then connects to thermostat
15ffvk0.jpg

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Well that's why we love fords.
Even if the parts aren't always up to par, at least after a while they become cheap. haha
And that's the first I've heard of it.
lol wow, nothing is safe!!!

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
My old PI manifold cracked along a runner on a spot where the gasket doesn't cover. Leaked coolant down into my rear driver spark plug chamber literally daily..... So I replaced it with a Bullitt..... Goodluck cracking that one :D

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Did he mention the year they are off of?
May have to let you refer him to me lol
He said they came off of an 02 GT, and yes I may have to refer him to you because after he found out I didn't know much about these he was relentless lol.

smokedya2

Reaction score
My old PI manifold cracked along a runner on a spot where the gasket doesn't cover. Leaked coolant down into my rear driver spark plug chamber literally daily..... So I replaced it with a Bullitt..... Goodluck cracking that one :D

I went with the trick flow track heat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online