PI swap done!!!

96mod289

Reaction score
Anybody thinking about doing the swap just bite the bullet and do it. day :dancing6: :bunny3: :thumb: :banana: :drunk: :hitit: :santa_afro: :santa_azn: :santa_cheesy: :santa_cool: :santa_evil:

dutman98

Reaction score
Did you do the basic swap or did you get port and polish or cams? How much stronger does it feel?

ALITL8

Reaction score
yea lets here some details!!!!!

dutman98... crazy avatar, man!! :rollinglaugh:

dutman98

Reaction score
It is pretty crazy. :santa_afro: I laughed my ass off when I seen it. I had to add it to my avatar.

OP
OP

96mod289

Reaction score
i just did the basic swap my self. but what a differance it makes, it has so much more high end power. right before i started it up i was worried that i was goign to screw up my motor. it is a bummer that i have to wait untill spring to really drive it..... damn salted roads we dont even have any snow yet here in MN... WTF?

S

scarface

*Blk_96_Stang_GT* said:
awesome, im starting the basic swap on saturday most likley.

how long did it take you?
Hey man welcome to you on your first post...Pop over and intrude yourself, and vote on the trim/color poll :)

Hyjack over...

OP
OP

96mod289

Reaction score
if i would of had all the parts that i needed it would of been about a 2 day project but it took me about 2 weekends because of ordering parts. it is not that hard just take your time taking it apart so that you rember how to put it back together. good luck on the swap you are going to love it

seth_96_gt

Reaction score
Were in MN are you from i live up on the iron range and i am doin the swap in spring

ogbatman

Reaction score
Thats good to know. I have PI heads sitting in my bedroom I need to get on it. Congrats. :santa_afro:

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
there was nothing to tricky about doing the swap is there? i got my haynes manual and ive read a few vague write ups and i hope those will help.

OP
OP

96mod289

Reaction score
seth_96_gt said:
Were in MN are you from i live up on the iron range and i am doin the swap in spring
i live in SE MN by Rochester

phil_the_thrill said:
there was nothing to tricky about doing the swap is there? i got my haynes manual and ive read a few vague write ups and i hope those will help.
no the swap wasnt to hard except the damn dipstick tube... word of advise buy a flexable dipstick tube. after trying for 2 hours to get the factory one in i went on summit and bought one. the haynes manual is very helpful because it shows you some of the little stuff that is dumb. i also did a google search on the swap before i started to get a good idea of the process, it isnt that hard if you take your time.... i also asked a few fellow Sn95 members for help also. once you get started you can alway ask me questions about the swap. you will love it

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
right on. i've been researching it for a while and since my intake cracked, it gave me a reason. its good to know i can come on here and get answers :santa_afro:

seth_96_gt

Reaction score
yea i live about half a hour north of duluth and wat lil parts do i have to worry about when i do the swap

OP
OP

96mod289

Reaction score
if you are going to romeo to windsor or vise versa then you will need a few extra bolts ad diffrent valve covers. if not the olny extra thing that most kits dont include is the timing cover gaskets. you can buy the for head changing kit which will include head and exhaust gaskets and head bolts. most of the other little parts are listed in the stickie at the top of the page.

seth_96_gt

Reaction score
all right and did you do the work yourself and wat is the overall cost for doin the complete swap

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online