Pi swap or full pi motor ?

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
I just finished the pi top end swap, and you won't be disapointed! However that 100$ is going to turn into more like 500 real fast. You will still spend 250 on an intake, 100 on gaskets, 50 on headbolts, then there's motor mounts, machine shop work on the heads, etc. As far as difficulty wise, it's very easy. I'm 15 and i did it in my garage with no problems at all. I didnt do rings or bearings because my car only had 130k, so I'm not sure how difficult that's going to be. The end result will totally be worth the effort

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk
Why did you do the motor mounts? Just worn out or just something you wanted to do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MaxA

Reaction score
They just pretty much fell apart in my hands once we pulled the motor. My car had been siting for 7 years though so that could of been something to do with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
I did my PI swap without pulling the engine. But when I did mine I went back with bigger cams so I noticed a big difference. If you have any questions at all just ask. So far I've taken my heads off 3 times in the car. Only takes 3 hours to get them out now lol. Even with the longtubes

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
I did my PI swap without pulling the engine. But when I did mine I went back with bigger cams so I noticed a big difference. If you have any questions at all just ask. So far I've taken my heads off 3 times in the car. Only takes 3 hours to get them out now lol. Even with the longtubes
I've got 262ah comp cams for this swap. And thanks for reply

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Oh yeah. You're going to love it. I went with bullet racing custom grind 271s. Ran into them on a deal I couldn't pass up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online