pi swap parts

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
ok so i have the heads cams and intake, what else do i need to purchase, ive been searching the forums and cant find anything. and i really dont wanna spend the 500 dollars to randy...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nes said:
ok so i have the heads cams and intake, what else do i need to purchase, ive been searching the forums and cant find anything. and i really dont wanna spend the 500 dollars to randy...

buying from someone else will most likely be more $$$$ and they may not stock the parts.
The head bolt/gaskets/coolant tube etc etc really adds up quick...i think just the head gaskets are $75 each now.

voidfinger

Reaction score
randy told me the head gaskets were over 100 dollars a piece now. lol i said a ill go to CJ pony parts for the head change kit for 110 or so :) sorry, but i'm not paying over 100 dollars for a single gasket.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
randy told me the head gaskets were over 100 dollars a piece now. lol i said a ill go to CJ pony parts for the head change kit for 110 or so :) sorry, but i'm not paying over 100 dollars for a single gasket.

Those are different gaskets, Randy has the new improved versions that are expensive...the ones in the head change kit are the old ones. I've also heard those head change kits aren't sold by Ford anymore so whats left in the pipeline is all that there will ever be.

voidfinger

Reaction score
nice, i'm going on and ordering mine since ford don't make the kits no more.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i got a kit with head bolts, head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, dipstick tube and alt braket. only like $100. willin to let it go minus the alt bracket. anyway youll need head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, timing cover gaskets, intake gaskets, head bolts, alt bracket, (water pump nipple if you have older than a 98), valve cover gaskets, flexible dipstick (you'll thank me later), coolant tube that runs under the intake and that should be about all. that is considering you already have heads and intake and oil and coolant.

voidfinger

Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
i got a kit with head bolts, head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, dipstick tube and alt braket. only like $100. willin to let it go minus the alt bracket. anyway youll need head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, timing cover gaskets, intake gaskets, head bolts, alt bracket, (water pump nipple if you have older than a 98), valve cover gaskets, flexible dipstick (you'll thank me later), coolant tube that runs under the intake and that should be about all. that is considering you already have heads and intake and oil and coolant.

yep, so. Don't you have to take off the harmonic balencer to get the front cover off? if so you need the bolt that holds it on b/c its TTY.

If not then please exsplain how to get it off? thanks

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
take the bolt out then get a harmonic balance puller. just a disc that you tighten the bolts on to gradually pull the balancer off

voidfinger

Reaction score
the balancer bolt is a Torque to Yield just like the head bolts. Thats why you need one to do it again. If you have romeo cams that you can take the gears off, they are torque to yield also. Just more money.......

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
ok so youll need a harmonic balancer bolt and some cam bolts for like another $30 didnt know they were TTY

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea, one of my friends found out the hard way..... I just wanted some pi cams so i got the windsor cams since they have the press on kind. Kinda hard to mess that one up.

I'm curious, while i'm in there i'm going to change chains and tensioners. Wonder how much they run...

voidfinger

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
voidfinger said:

Those are different gaskets, Randy has the new improved versions that are expensive...the ones in the head change kit are the old ones. I've also heard those head change kits aren't sold by Ford anymore so whats left in the pipeline is all that there will ever be.

the one i ordered off of CJ ponyparts, i got a email saying they were out of stock and i was like oooo shit, but then i called and i told him about ford not making them anymore and he called "his supplier" and he said that he could still get them.... I asked who is the supplier , and he said he couldn't say....but then he said not to worry "ford racing said they would have it here in a couple days.".....so maybe they are still making it or just cleaning out the inventory. :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Staff online

Members online