PI SWAP, PI engine swap, or 03/04 cobra engine swap ?

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
scarface said:
Heads, if you have an aluminum intake it can be port matched to the heads, plenum, Tb.

I still havent found a site where they sell the whole pi swap kit, I one a while back but lost it So when I do hopefully the pi intake is alum so that I can port along with the heads and I was just checkin the plenums and tb's it cost around $500 to get both together, should I get 70mm or 75mm ? oh yea the plenum n tb comes polished.

ripper

Reaction score
There are sites for the whole kit someone will come in and give it to you. Stick with the 2v man. When you blow the doors off a 4v it feels soooo gooood lol.

ps Whoa 500 for t/b and plenum seems like alot??????????? Trickflow plenum is 109 bux? 400 bux for a t/b?

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
Stevo said:
There are sites for the whole kit someone will come in and give it to you. Stick with the 2v man. When you blow the doors off a 4v it feels soooo gooood lol.

ps Whoa 500 for t/b and plenum seems like alot??????????? Trickflow plenum is 109 bux? 400 bux for a t/b?

actually like $225 for t/b, i think its because they are polished but its like $450 or $460 to b exact for both, depends if I get 70mm or 75mm which was my question. they are from Accufab.

Yea im stickin with 2v... I was lookin at romeo n windsor blocks which both are $319 from Ford racing n it says " less expensive than remachinin a used block" ? what do you guys think, should I stick to my own for now ? If I was gonna get it I was goin with Romeo! jus so u know.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Porting the TB? not really needed unless your running high boost.
you can also just buy a bigger one for a few hundred bucks.

on the headswap, I got mine from powerheads.
Ported, with "hot street" cams.

www.powerheads.com

here's a pic of the difference.
ported PI's from Powerheads, and the stock NPI's

intakeports.JPG

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Porting the TB? not really needed unless your running high boost.
you can also just buy a bigger one for a few hundred bucks.

on the headswap, I got mine from powerheads.
Ported, with "hot street" cams.

www.powerheads.com

here's a pic of the difference.
ported PI's from Powerheads, and the stock NPI's

intakeports.JPG

NICE, so those heads already come ported ? so for now when I do pi swap I should just have heads ported and nothing else ?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes those came ported, and assembled.
I had them do a valve job too, and they came with the cams in it.

bolt them on, reassemble the rest, and get it tuned.

I'd recommend getting a better cam than the PI's if you can afford it.
There's a number of good grinds out ther. VT and Crower have great feedback.
Powerheads are also good, but not as agressive. depends on what's next on your motor plans.

Any other questions - feel free to ask.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
damn thanx for that website Dalamar, its awesome. So there PI swap kit comes with everything for 1600 which is stage 1 kit and stage 2 kit 2700 for everythin in stage 1 plus,Competition porting, competition valve job, Ferrea SS forged valves, 7000 rpm spring package, flow bench testedâ€â€professionally assembled . . . if this is the case looks like I just found out what I will be doing. and Yea I will most likely get better cams from VT or crower.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
wait correct me if im wrong, maybe I dont have to get the stage 2 kit pi swap from them, can I just get the heads from them ported, then just get cams and pi intake somewhere else, thats all I would need for the whole pi swap right ? well besides water transfer tube, head boltsâ€â€head gaskets. Intake/exhaust gaskets, cam sprocket bolts ....... ?????

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the stage 2 kit is what I got, as you listed out.

ya, you can have them ported.
Call and ask Ralph about it, he's a great guy.
Tell him I refer'd you - from SN95forums.

the swap, stage 1 or 2 comes with everything you need,
tranfer tube, head changing kit, bolts, IM, everything.

Call and go over what your looking to do with Ralph, then you'll have a good idea on parts and pricing.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
oh alright cool then, but yea Im pretty sure im gonna be going with the stage 2 kit then, I will just get better cams afterwards. I was thinkin of getting rims and rubber but I will just get new rubber for now and blow my money on this :dancing6: thanks alot man >:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online