PI SWAP, PI engine swap, or 03/04 cobra engine swap ?

4point6GT

Reaction score
If I do complete PI swap I know I cant have blower cause of compression but will this still be the case If I toughen my internals, have everything I can be ported an anythin else that might help it ??? Only good things bout PI engine swap is that I will have much less miles on the engine and being able to add blower is pretty nice but I dont know... Im at 82,XXX right now. I know cobra engine would be nice but thats prolly the most expensive so that might have to wait......what should I do ?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if you put in forged internals, you can choose differnet sized pistons to run lower compression so you can run boost, or higher compression and run NA or nitrous...as for cost, unless ou plan on building the motor yourself, iit will probably cost around the smae to build the block, P&P the heads, and get a blower as a termie motor would be...and the termie motor would still probably have more power...

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
what would cost about same ? doing all that if I plan to go with pi swap route and getting a terminator engine ? Is that what you mean by cost about same ? If thats case I rather just save my money for a 03/04 engine.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
4point6GT said:
what would cost about same ? doing all that if I plan to go with pi swap route and getting a terminator engine ? Is that what you mean by cost about same ? If thats case I rather just save my money for a 03/04 engine.

a PI swap, plus putting forged internals into the block, and having your block machined, then get your heads ported and polished is gonna take a lot of cash...what you need to do is start pricing out parts and see which direction you want to go.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
PI swap would be the way to go.
Stay with the 2V powerplant.

S

scarface

Pi headswap it and put a blower on it. Stay around 8 psi and you will be fine. Mod engines do well with the high compression.

ripper

Reaction score
Ditto: PI swap and go with 8lbs or nitrous

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
I dunno bout doing PI swap then gettin blower.... which blower alone im looking at minimum$3000 and im sure PI swap another atleast $1000 and thats IF I install everything myself, but IF I save for terminator with the engine alone and a few mods I know IT can reach 400hp easy, im not lookin to settle for less If I dont have to, I know this might take alot of time and money but Im lookin at things in the longrun, and a 4v will almost always smoke a 2v right( just puttin as an example I dont like smokin my own kind ;) ) ? Im just lucky im single so im takin advantage of that while I can..........what do you guys think ? 8) or :slap:

S

scarface

2v's have plenty of potential....and I think you may be underestimating the cost of swaping in a 03-04 cobra engine.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
I love my 2v, its that it gots 82,XXX u really think its worth messing with it ?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ok, the PI swap, and cant use a blower because of the compression bump is: BULL SHIT!
don't belive the hype.

if you get a terminator motor, your buying the blower on it too.
so if you mod the 2V and buy a blower, or buy a terminator motor (with blower) it's the same thing.

I'd say build the 2V - that's what I've done, however if you wanna goto the 4V, that's cool too.
it's easier to do than it was a few years back. they can even use the stock computer now and just reflash it, if the tuner is good.

Good luck either way.
Same old question applies - how much power do you want?? then break it down.. :)

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
either way sounds great......power I got no limit the more the better, the fastest way to reach it, the better. I still dont know if messin with my high mileage engine is worth it, what do u guys think ? I atleast want 400hp.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if you want 400HP and dont wanna do the PI swap and a blower on your motor, get a low mileage PI motor, add cams and a blower and you will easily be at 400...

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
If I go with pi swap n blower at 8psi bout how much hp does it get about ?

Pennywise2

Reaction score
I would do PI intake and cams instead because the extra 10-15 rwhp
going with the PI cylinder heads and all that money and time installing them is not
worth it to me.

S

scarface

4point6GT said:
with the normal boltons you should be around 400.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
scarface said:
4point6GT said:
with the normal boltons you should be around 400.

oh ok thanks, cause im gonna go as far as I can gettin power N/A b4 I get my blower and im starting with PI swap. ok I dont know so I am asking, what all besides heads can you P & P and what should be ???

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if you wanna go a step further for power, porting is a good idea, especially if your adding a blower in the future.
and you'll want good cams to go with it.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
if you wanna go a step further for power, porting is a good idea, especially if your adding a blower in the future.
and you'll want good cams to go with it.

its what im plannin on, so what all can be ported ? just heads ? dont think u guys answered me. i wanna port heads so that I can get stageII cams from VT unless u think theres some better ones, but for now I need to concentrate on PI SWAP n porting. am I missin anythin ?

S

scarface

Heads, if you have an aluminum intake it can be port matched to the heads, plenum, Tb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.