Picking paint colors, need some help, lol.

heffe2001

Reaction score
I'm almost to the point of getting my car into paint, and I've pretty much settled into doing a two-tone paint job, black on top, silver on bottom. Couple people suggested that I go with some pearl in the black, but I'm not sure what tint to the pearl. I won't be adding any to the silver, just the black on the horizontal parts (going to follow the line up the fender on my newedge, all the way to the back, so hood and trunk will be black as well).

So far I've heard gold, red and blue, and I'm leaning more towards the blue. I'm still not 100% sold on going with any pearl, and going with as dark a black as I can get without any pearl or metallic in it.

Anybody got two-tone silver/black with pearl in it pictures as a reference?

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
The only thing that pushed me away from flake and pearl is paint repair.

I would love the Ford tuexdo black. It has gold flake in it ... super sexy

OP
OP
H

heffe2001

Reaction score
Went and looked at a couple paint samples earlier, and so far my favorite is the black with blue pearl.. Looked good with a silver sample.

OP
OP
H

heffe2001

Reaction score
Didn't think to take a picture of the samples, lol. Hopefully get this into paint in 2 weeks or so, will definitely post pics when done.

OP
OP
H

heffe2001

Reaction score
Ordered the paint today, but my guy can't get me into the booth till the end of the month. Gives me a little bit longer to get everything else done though..

Justang

Reaction score
The only thing that pushed me away from flake and pearl is paint repair.

I would love the Ford tuexdo black. It has gold flake in it ... super sexy

Every bit of this. A buddy of mine had a tuxedo black Fusion and it was a fantastic looking color. Then, after he had to get his bumper resprayed, it looked very off.

OP
OP
H

heffe2001

Reaction score
Since it's not a full-body pearl, if I ever do have to repaint anything on it that had the pearl on it, I'll most likely just have my guy repaint all the pearl sections, so it will be consistent. I do plan on putting different skirts and rear bumper on it next spring, but those aren't getting any pearl so shouldn't be a problem (going with a set of side exhaust skirts and v6 rear bumper, the CDC kit if I can find it, or one of the other kits if not).

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can say that on my red car the black accents all had a slight bit of red pearl in them. So slight it would be difficult to pick up with a camera but it definitely looked good

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online