Pics of fluidyne radiator install

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by fixthedoor, Jan 15, 2007.

1. fixthedoor

fixthedoor Well-Known Member

This Saturday I installed a new Fluidyne radiator, March underdrive pulleys and a FR water pump. The radiator looked bitchin. I was skeptical about how everything would fit once I got it in, because it is twice as thick as the stocker, but it really was a non issue. It fit real tight on the passenger side and I had to modify the fan shroud to clear the tranny lines, but these were the only speed bumps. From set up to clean up, it took a little over 6 hours, excludes 2 hour test time :dancing6: . After everything was said and done, I was more than satisfied with everything. I won't know the full abilities of the radiator until I expose the car to some good ol' LA traffic in the summer.

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Suspect

Suspect Well-Known Member

nice man! :thumb: i forgot how thin the stock radiator was, wow. :eek:

3. Pennywise2

Pennywise2 Active Member

The Fluidyne radiator should fit like a glove
    and fit flush with everything.

4. fixthedoor

I know, it's a little scary. I fully understand why she damn near overheated coming back from Vegas one summer a few years back.

5. fixthedoor

It did, but that was the first thing that went through my mind when I started comparing the two. Then again when the radiator was in and I was staring down at the resevoir lower bracket. The tranny lines, though, were bent too close to the radiator and if I did notch out the fan shroud I think the fan would have gotten stuck. It's all good though.

6. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

sweet :)