pics of my car

S

scarface

THats a sweet car man...All we have around here in the way of swaps are a bunch of 350 swapped supras :( We need more rx-5.0's!

OP
OP
R

rex-svn

Reaction score
350 supra thats interesting i havent heard of that swap, ya i like my swap i figured it was something a little different and i wouldnt be consider as much of a ricer.

Suspect

Reaction score
i had an rx7 and wanted to do that swap, but i lived in apartments then. neighbors would freak about working on ur car blah blah blah. so i ended up selling it.
whats involved in the swap? just curious cuz i see these cars all the time for sale cheap! ;)

OP
OP
R

rex-svn

Reaction score
there is not to much involved, i just bougt the radiator and brackets, engine cradle, and trans mount from www.grannysspeedshop.com basiclly the deluxe kit they have it gives you all the stuff to get started, the hard part is exhaust unless you know some one that will do some shops here in utah wont even touch it i am not sure about where your at, i finally found a guy on the local rx7 forum to do it. and fitting a fan in there i put mine in the front of the radiator. but other than that grannys gives you all the swap instructions.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
i dont know sh!t about cars... so instead of saying that looks kick ass or blah blah..

im going to say, "welcome to the site :dancing6: "

ripper

Reaction score
dalamar has a lift in his garage? DAMN! Nice. Wish i had a garage. Im strictly a driveway mechanic lol.

G

GREG@SN95

actually...

302 swaped into an RX7 isn't quite unheard of... in some areas common actually...

its a straight foward swap... and It helps that mazda and ford are more or less the same platform...

Can't say I've ever see one though...

What did you do so far as drive train?

OP
OP
R

rex-svn

Reaction score
ya there is more and more people doing it now, the chevy actually fits a little better cause it sits lower and further back due to oil pan difference, but i just used a t5 trans and modified my drive shaft, and i have stock diff out of a gxl model they had a lsd in them.

OP
OP
R

rex-svn

Reaction score
thanks it has taken awhile to get everything in order but well worth it cant beat v8 power :banana:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
That's awesome! I've never heard of anyone doing that before, at first I thought what does he mean by 302. :-[

Definately get some videos up. :thumb:

OP
OP
R

rex-svn

Reaction score
ya i will try and get some vids up this week or next

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser