Pic's of my Hammer Shifter...

Stolen 98

Reaction score
This is what the hammer looks like installed with another B&M Ball attached.
IMO it took a little too long to install and "fabricate" for something that is advertised as a "Bolt-on". That being said...I like the shifter and got a tremendous deal for it at Corral.net.
shifter001dk4.jpg

shifter005sl7.jpg

shifter004fj3.jpg

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, I have mine sitting here waiting to get motivated to install it lol. How long did it take and what all did you have to do?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I donut know what complications he had but when mine was installed, it was a pretty easy install. There is a lot of interior trim to remove ( to get the stock one out ) and to be re-installed but it was a fairly simple deal.

B0mb3r645

Reaction score
Think I should get a new Auto shifter. Anybody know of any good ones?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
B0mb3r645 said:
Think I should get a new Auto shifter. Anybody know of any good ones?

the hammer is the only one I know of unless you want something that is for a race car

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Outlaw97GT said:
Does it have a o/d button?

yes, look at the pics again........see the red button on the right side that is on the shifter plate, thats it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fets said:
Thanks for the pics, I have mine sitting here waiting to get motivated to install it lol. How long did it take and what all did you have to do?

just a note, the ball handle that he is useing is not what will come with the shifter, you will get the chrome handle that is shaped a little like the claw end of a hammer.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
just a note, the ball handle that he is useing is not what will come with the shifter, you will get the chrome handle that is shaped a little like the claw end of a hammer.

"you are scared of the CLAW"

OP
OP
S

Stolen 98

Reaction score
Fella's I'm really sorry I left this post un-checked I feel like an :aresehole:.....My problems with install were that the factory four bolts wouldn't go back in so I had to go to Lowe's and buy $6.50 worth of bolts nuts and lock washers, not to sound cheap but for a $200 shifter I think B&M should have supplied these as they mention you "may need them" in the directions :lame:. Next problem was the wiring, you have to find a 12v source which is on only when the key is on, I'm a novice at wiring so I just installed it to the factory shift indicator light which was a mistake b/c you cant see what gear you've shifted to in the daylight. AGAIN I feel B&M should have spelled this out a little more clear in the directions. So I had to take everything back apart and find a 12v source luckily I had a test light and I found it on the O/D button circuit. There is a button supplied on the shifter for O/D however I just cut the factory button from the original shift handle and drilled a hole through my coin holder and epoxied it in. Another problem which I have just begun having is that the factory ignition lockout cable makes it difficult to start sometimes......Many have had this same problem and I adjusted it EXACTLY as the directions described. Also the hammer head is way bigger and on hard fast shifts your knuckles bump the stereo...I had a Hurst Quarter stick and really like the White Knob look. All that complaining a side its much easier to throw the rearend out on 2nd gear shifts with this shifter. All in all it took me four-five hours and that was with plenty of breaks :drunk: at a leisurly pace. Again I appologize for leaving this thread I think its really annoying when someone posts a topic I have questions about and goes MIA.
It wont happen again. I have a cool MGW auto shift knob and my factory shifter with MOMO leather boot I have for sale as well if someone is interested let me know.
Cheers
Rob.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stolen 98 said:
Fella's I'm really sorry I left this post un-checked I feel like an :aresehole:.....My problems with install were that the factory four bolts wouldn't go back in so I had to go to Lowe's and buy $6.50 worth of bolts nuts and lock washers, not to sound cheap but for a $200 shifter I think B&M should have supplied these as they mention you "may need them" in the directions :lame:. Next problem was the wiring, you have to find a 12v source which is on only when the key is on, I'm a novice at wiring so I just installed it to the factory shift indicator light which was a mistake b/c you cant see what gear you've shifted to in the daylight. AGAIN I feel B&M should have spelled this out a little more clear in the directions. So I had to take everything back apart and find a 12v source luckily I had a test light and I found it on the O/D button circuit. There is a button supplied on the shifter for O/D however I just cut the factory button from the original shift handle and drilled a hole through my coin holder and epoxied it in. Another problem which I have just begun having is that the factory ignition lockout cable makes it difficult to start sometimes......Many have had this same problem and I adjusted it EXACTLY as the directions described. Also the hammer head is way bigger and on hard fast shifts your knuckles bump the stereo...I had a Hurst Quarter stick and really like the White Knob look. All that complaining a side its much easier to throw the rearend out on 2nd gear shifts with this shifter. All in all it took me four-five hours and that was with plenty of breaks :drunk: at a leisurly pace. Again I appologize for leaving this thread I think its really annoying when someone posts a topic I have questions about and goes MIA.
It wont happen again. I have a cool MGW auto shift knob and my factory shifter with MOMO leather boot I have for sale as well if someone is interested let me know.
Cheers
Rob.

wow sounds like you have a rough install ???, I didnt do mine "hands on" but I was there the entire time and mine went very smooth. Sorry you have a hard time, but its in now and you can enjoy it.

OP
OP
S

Stolen 98

Reaction score
I am very pleased with it, I just thought I would post the problems I had so that others could be prepared. If you do a search on the major mustang sites Corral.net, Modularfords.com, and here, you really cant find much on write ups of what people have gone through. Though I have read that the chrome hammer knob over time will flake chrome due to the salt from your skin.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online