pics of myne!

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
was over in Orlando today, getting beat to death on !-4 thru downtown......that is just brutal. get to my friends, get all three cars steering rack bushings done (son's car, mine and my friends) and without much of an incident. so I mention that "ole Murph didn't make the trip this time. we go to get food, I park....my driver's window is stuck down again!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now gotta see what this time or if the motor has already failed. unbelievable.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
not the switch, and the motor is not doing anything. time for another one......

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
tell me about it!!!! old out and now waiting for a friend to come over and hold the window while I get the new one in place.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the window wiring system is a rather confusing system and honestly one of the more complex wiring systems because it allows ford to do it and not use relays = less parts. The bad part is that its a master/slave switch system where a bad connection in any number of places will cause either the window to stop working in one direction, or in both. The fact the motor is not moving does not mean the switch is good its not the motor is bad. They could both be good and just a loose connection in the wiring will make it look like this.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
I have checked the plug that goes to the window motor and when I push the button on the switch I get power to the plug that would plug into the motor. interestingly enough though, I plugged the new motor into the plug and hit the switch and nothing happened. then I have a spare passenger side motor that is new I bought last year when the driver side went out. plugged that in....nothing. then I took the new motor for the driver side and hooked it straight to the battery of the car. nothing. did the same thing for the spare passenger side....nothing. today, took the new motor I bought Sunday back, got another one, tested it at the parts place. nothing. what the heck is going on here??????

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you say you have power at the plug for the motor. So you have the + on one side and the - on the other and it shows +-12v depending on which way you push it? I just want to make sure your not using a body ground instead of at the harness. The - and + at the harness will swap depending on which direction.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
serpent000_zpsmewtbwkj.jpg

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
jba shorties, bbk o/r h, flowmaster mufflers, modified bassani pipes to fit the panhard bar, magnaflow tips.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online