pics with the M/T ET STREET

94pacecar435

Reaction score
heres some pics of my car with the et street tires i got. i gave them a quick try and they hook alot better than any of the drag radials i had. heres the pix enjoy.
03wheels028.jpg

03wheels029.jpg

03wheels035.jpg

03wheels032.jpg

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
haha.. i always liked how the rocks stick to the tire.. shows you how sticky they are.. looks mean as hell..

truuble wanna-be? :hammer: :hammer: messin with you man. looks awesome!

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i wasnt aware of how sticky there are either when my friend spun his on the rim at the track i helped him change it and i was like ugh.... it was crazy... i can see how it is hard on the rear ends

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
at what psi do u set urs at????
we usually set the mickey drag radials at 10, did a nice burnout and it would spin a little in first but it would grip in second. none of us have used this et streets and im wondering whats the best psi to set them at. on the pics theyre set at 12, it spin a little in 1st but grips HARD all the way through, thats without heating them up.they wobble a lot u can feel the whole back end move a lot.the car feels unstable so i would ONLY recommend this tires for racing.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
94pacecar435 said:
we usually set the mickey drag radials at 10, did a nice burnout and it would spin a little in first but it would grip in second. none of us have used this et streets and im wondering whats the best psi to set them at. on the pics theyre set at 12, it spin a little in 1st but grips HARD all the way through, thats without heating them up.they wobble a lot u can feel the whole back end move a lot.the car feels unstable so i would ONLY recommend this tires for racing.

I run my ET Drags at 11 pounds. I used to set my DRs at 12.

TheBab

Reaction score
94pacecar435 said:

If I drive to town with them.. I have them mid 20s... and dont get crazy in the twisties...

I aired em down to about 17 last night.. heated em up and launched at 2500 rpms.... spun a little bit but I did have traction in first....

I bet if I aired em down to around 9.. heat em up... I can launch higher and have very little spin action. :hitit:

Hellion94

Reaction score
It's probably important to remember that ET Streets are nothing like drag radials, so don't treat them like drag radials.

ET Streets are soft sidewall, slick compound tires with grooves cut in them to pass DOT regulations. They have no radial construction, they are wrinkle wall drag tires, and that's it. The were developed for the early onslaught of "Street Legal" drag racing that started in the early '90's to be used as "Street Legal" tires so that guys could have a better choice than just big radials. They are just slicks with grooves in them.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
It's probably important to remember that ET Streets are nothing like drag radials, so don't treat them like drag radials.

ET Streets are soft sidewall, slick compound tires with grooves cut in them to pass DOT regulations. They have no radial construction, they are wrinkle wall drag tires, and that's it. The were developed for the early onslaught of "Street Legal" drag racing that started in the early '90's to be used as "Street Legal" tires so that guys could have a better choice than just big radials. They are just slicks with grooves in them.

Bingo ;)

S

scarface

I drove around with my hoosier quick time pros, I went with 25 psi, and drove around 65mph on a regular basis...felt fine to me ??? they hooked like a MOFO though :)

TheBab

Reaction score
I had mine on at 25 psi.. 26x11.5x17....

At 60 its fine on the highway.... 100 was fine... its all good.... just taking SHARP corners fast would probably be a bad idea.