pinstripe color opinions needed

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have started to clean out the garage and mask the car for paint. Its primary color will remain the factory deep forest green and the areas of exposed carbon fiber on the hood/cowl will be darkened with some black candy paint. I have been considering adding a pinstripe and wasn't all that sure what color I might like till I started to lay down the neon green fine line masking tape for the stripes. When I stood back and looked at it I kinda liked it and now I am considering it. Right now I am just going to do a single thing(really thin) strip down the body line on the side, maybe a line on the wheels and I have been considering what color to do the cobra brakes I am stripping now. I am not going to go buy a bunch of neon green loom for under the hood or anything ridiculous really looking for a less is more look on the stripe yet I want it to add something to the overall look.

2812911406838403-94b2e48a2e.jpg

3178461406841815-80d2c165dc.jpg

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think a thin stripe could definitely add a lot to the car, but not neon green...
I'd personally go with something a little more subtle. Something that wouldn't be eye poping but something that would stand out when you looked closer.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I put some tape down on the a pillar that's still green and yea not sure now. Maybe a little darker lime color....

7055471406955659-776c50c199.jpg

2629181406955684-2e80de6b60.jpg

This line is thicker then I want the stripe to be and I would probably put a thin black line under it to almost look like a shadow.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think your going to need it but I have never been a big fan of pin striping.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure on a color, it's hard to judge from the pics above but you're definitely gonna want a strike on the hood to sepereate the carbon fiber area from the color area. Two toning without a stripe always ends up looking incomplete.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can agree I don't "need" a stripe but then with that argument I didn't need the air ride, the supercharger, ect. The carbon fiber areas will end up looking more black then raw carbon fiber I really don't want it obvious that its CF till your about 10-15 ft away. I like the look but its just a bit to much when its completely raw imo.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had another thought for a color. Mystic. I am pretty sure I read that they are now selling it to the public since they are not using it on money anymore and while its still not cheap, it could make for a cool stripe.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Green and gold always look good together.
Mystic or chameleon would be cool accent stripe too.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had another thought for a color. Mystic. I am pretty sure I read that they are now selling it to the public since they are not using it on money anymore and while its still not cheap, it could make for a cool stripe.

Thats what I read somewhere on the interwebz also.

It has me thinking of a Mystic Vert when the time comes.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The lime color I am still on the fence about but a mystic stripe I think could be cool the more I think about it. The blue/green would blend nicely and the color shift effect should make you take a closer look

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
just do a metallic light grey and call it a day. clean look.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was bored at work tonight and for some reason thought a gray stripe would probably look good with the DFG. A co-worker has an Avalon that is a dark gray and the light gray pinstripe was subtle but just enough contrast.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
See the subtle part of it has got me thinking. Originally the lime color I thought something bright, but now the more I think about mystic the more I like it. DFG already has green/blue in it and I think with both being shown in a nice thin line it would be a subtle thing that when notice would have to draw you in a bit. I like it when it draws you in to take a 2nd or closer look. It will not be a cheap stripe by any means but I wonder what the smallest amount I can get is?

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Usually when we mix paint at work, we can mix down to a 1/2pt but some colors require a pint just to get the tinting correct.

I like the idea of Mystic but I wonder if it'll be a big enough area to even notice it. I remember a member a lonnngg time ago that had Mystic bumpers on a DFG car and the green hues of the Mystic were very close to DFG so I think it would look AWESOME in the light if there would be enough to catch the light, if you get what I'm saying. But yes, Mystic pinstripe would be sweet. Do it.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Usually when we mix paint at work, we can mix down to a 1/2pt but some colors require a pint just to get the tinting correct.

I like the idea of Mystic but I wonder if it'll be a big enough area to even notice it. I remember a member a lonnngg time ago that had Mystic bumpers on a DFG car and the green hues of the Mystic were very close to DFG so I think it would look AWESOME in the light if there would be enough to catch the light, if you get what I'm saying. But yes, Mystic pinstripe would be sweet. Do it.

Cool I have never seen DFG and mystic together myself but I thought that they might be a nice mix together. Originally with the lime I wanted to go super thin just because it was so bright and would stick out so much but with as close as this would be I would probably go thicker. It makes me consider doing the brake calipers in mystic as well or just black and then do the "COBRA" logo in mystic. I think I will call around a little tomorrow too see if the local shops can get it and if so how much.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Once you start spraying the Mystic you aren't going to be able to stop. Your entire car will be Mystic after a few weeks :)

I can get mine on a truck now and have it there by end of the week so you can do a twofer.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
funny you mention that as I did consider doing the center stripe completely mystic but.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99