Status
Not open for further replies.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Caleb Elrod
Located in Crossett, AR
$150 Shipped

For sale or trade for a good single din pioneer deck with aux and USB. I bought this over a year ago from a 'friend'. No issues other than I cannot get the auxiliary port to work and the DVD player will play sound but no video. From what I've read it's a very common problem with these decks. The guy was supposed to give me my money back but has been evading me so I decided I'd try to just sell it instead. It's an older model but has some pretty cool features like programmable color changing display, rear camera hookup, USB and aux, cd and DVD, sub outputs, all the usual stuff. On to the pics:

5F6AE289-7F7B-446D-8B89-BD3C9F54EDC3_zpsks9q3lzh.jpg

63DE75E9-1E52-4992-8FEB-C1115B84645D_zpswlpa6iv4.jpg

71C76D3C-51F8-47F6-A14A-C1F5C2FEEDE6_zps8tuhddgy.jpg

i bought a new harness for it thinking that I may have had a wire mis-pinned in the original harness, and it will also come with an iPod controller that I purchased to use with it.

PM or comment if interested and feel free to ask any questions.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Yea I figured that would be a decent price since I can't figure out what's wrong with the aux and DVD playback. It may be an easy fix but I need the money for some stang projects! Lol

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Is the USB functional? If it is and you're Including the cage/bezel/harness and all that jazz I might be really interested... I just have to hold off until I figure out how pricey fixing my car is gonna be..

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
[MENTION=18995]FivepointSlow[/MENTION] I never tried to use the USB so I'm not sure, and I would hate to say yea it works then you get it and find out otherwise. It does have the bezel and harness though, but no cage, it didn't have one when I bought it. I just got a dash install kit for my F-150 that had specific tabs for it that didn't even require the use of a cage...so I'm not sure what a 99-04 dash kit would be like. I know you can get cages from ebay though for cheap. And as for the harness it's been done right using male splice connectors (as you can see in the pics) on all the wires except for two I think that weren't being used, which I taped up. And no problem waiting either if you decide you want it :thumbsup:

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Did you ground out the wire so it plays movies ? Normally you wire in a switch with these decks so you can watch movies while your driving

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Did you ground out the wire so it plays movies ? Normally you wire in a switch with these decks so you can watch movies while your driving
Yea I tried that and tried the trick with wiring it up to a relay and still never got it to play the video only audio...after a while I just have up on it. And from research it seems like that's a common problem with them but for some reason I could never solve it with mine.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've never heard of a relay with the pioneer ones .... I've always wired them to switch . Meaning the green wire , I have a similar one to that in my stang with no issues

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
The relay was something new to me too but we tried both. Both the relay and the switch allowed audio playback but no video. I couldn't find anything wrong in the setting a either but I may have missed something.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You have to flip the switch on and off usually then the screen says blah blah it's a crime to be driving with video visible to drive blah blah and you press ok . Hopefully the decks not hooped

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
One uses resistors now. On my Pioneer that I just installed, I picked up a pre-wired resistor thing at the same time I bought the unit. Works like a charm.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I used the relay trick on both of my Pioneer 2400BT's.
I don't know why I could never get it to work. I suppose I may have had it wired wrong but I just gave up on it after a while. Eventually I plan on buying a newer version for my F-150.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online