Pioneer radio harness adapter wiring

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Pulled the stereo out of the 350z and want to put it in my lightning.

The mess
bd629463f039cecfa73d0494379ccef6.jpg

Adapter harness
ef12b22bdfb5591eade829dda05867ed.jpg

a90fffc84bb938296d32f2be5e32828c.jpg

Pioneer harness
02fa84743c5c38a20d0447cc88f29907.jpg

8630a473888df25758bf1199f376079b.jpg

Is it as simple as matching it up color to color?
is the gauge difference an issue?
The truck is stock sound system wise and will never go any further. I will be soldering the wires together.

Any help is cool I know its not sn95 specific but y'all are smart

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
as he said just be sure the black stripes line up on the speakers and depending on if your running the mach system be sure to hook up the amp turn on.

OP
OP
D3VST8R96GT

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
The colors don't match up exactly... there are 5 on the pioneer harness left over and 3(plus 2 blank spots) on the adapter harness.

Pioneer harness colors:
Yellow w black
Purple w black
Purple w white
Blue w white
Green (light green)

Adapter colors
Black w gray
Black w purple
Orange

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Typically the adapters are specific to the vehicle. If you pulled it out of the 350z, I'm not sure it automatically matches up to the Lightning. Are you planning on reusing the adapter? Meaning does it fit to your Lightning harness? If the answer is yes, this is what I recommend: on the Lightning harness, identify what each colored wire does. Find it's matching pin connection on the adapter harness. Note the color wire. Then on the pioneer harness, find the wire that does the same thing, note the color, and then solder that to the matching adapter harness. It may be the same color wire. It may not.

If that's confusing, think of it this way: match up the Lightning harness wire to the pioneer wire. Note the pin. Use the adapter harness, on that same pin, to bridge the two. Regardless of the color of the adapter wire. As long as the pioneer wire matches to the Lightning harness position. Make sense?

Looking through my Pioneer manual, here's what each of the wires are and their color (this is on the Pioneer adapter):

Yellow: Batt +12V (NOT ignition/switched)
Orange/White: Lighting/Illumination
Red: Switched +12V (NOT directly to battery)
Black: Ground

White: Front Left Speaker +
White/Black: Front Left Speaker -
Gray: Front Right Speaker +
Gray/Black: Front Right Speaker -
Green: Rear Left Speaker +
Green/Black: Rear Left Speaker -
Violet: Rear Right Speaker +
Violet/Black: Rear Right Speaker -

Blue/White: Remote Amp Turn On

Violet/White: Back-up Camera (if applicable)
Yellow/Black: Auto Mute (if applicable)
Light Green: Parking Brake Sensor (if applicable)

These colors are for a Pioneer DVD player with backup camera, so there may be some extra wires you don't have, depending on your head unit. The colors for the power (red and yellow), ground, and speakers are standard.

Find a wiring diagram for your Lightning, figure out which wires on the harness match up to those listed for the Pioneer, bridge them with the adapter you pulled out of the 350z.

OP
OP
D3VST8R96GT

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
The pioneer wiring is the specific to the head unit according to my Amazon cart Lol.
The adapter I have is for a ford and a couple other vehciles each plug meets up and splices together except one that has 2 extra. I have secured the irrelevant pigtails out of the way.

That a lot of good information you provide thanks man

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online