Pissed off dyno results

SMOKE

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
you were on a Mustang Dyno and they tend to read a good 10% lower then a Dyno Jet depending on load settings.

I caught that too .... not that a tune still may not be in order.
But the Mustang-Dyno has sucked a lot of enthusiasm in past. :D

LR98Snake said:
See the local dyno was hosting a "Dyno day" 2 pulls for $50 so i jumped on it b/c it's the first dyno I've pulled with this car. It wasn't dyno tuned and timing wasn't an option for me. There was 1/4 mile time and dyno run on a MustangDyno.

OP
OP
L

LR98Snake

You know I've hear the same thing about Dyno jets too. Someone said to me that on a Dyno jet I probably would've been looking at 268. But i was also told that those were real world numbers. Scarface, what kinda DSM we talkin about year, model?

blackfang

Reaction score
A Mustang Dyno can apply real load against the vehicle as if you were driving it on the road. A dyno jet doesn't

S

scarface

LR98Snake said:
Scarface, what kinda DSM we talkin about year, model?
Ive always been into 1gs. I had a 1Ga/1Gb combo Talon TSI AWD...I mixed the body panels :) just a few mods, 2g manifold, full 3 inch exhaust, evo III turbo, etc.... I loved the car, but the dang thing was always breaking down.

OP
OP
L

LR98Snake

scarface said:
LR98Snake said:
Ive always been into 1gs. I had a 1Ga/1Gb combo Talon TSI AWD...I mixed the body panels :) just a few mods, 2g manifold, full 3 inch exhaust, evo III turbo, etc.... I loved the car, but the dang thing was always breaking down.

6 or 7 bolt block?
Sweet, a friend of mine and I are working on his 96 tsi fwd.

quickstang_1994 said:
Hey if you need any help finding the problem just pm me Spartenburg is not that far.

Tomorrow I'm going to put my aluminum DS in, change the engine oil and diff oil, install the safety loop, clean the hell out of the IMRC's. You should come to a cruise that the Upstate Mustang Club is having next saturday. It's at Sonic's Drive In in Duncan.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
i also had a talon tsi awd before my cobra.... it was alot of fun until i got smoked but a supercharged teal 94gt making close to 500 hp...scarface my setup was like yours i had a 2g manifold,evo III 16g,evo III O2 housing both ported, apexi 3 inch full exhaust,apexi piggyback tuner,buschar racing front mount kit,custom fab intake manifold which i still have and will be up for sale when im done cleaning it and make it look pretty... i know i have a pic of it somewhere but ya 2 weeks after the race with the stang i got into a car accident that totaled the car then i bought my cobra

S

scarface

LR98Snake said:
scarface said:
LR98Snake said:

6 or 7 bolt block?
Sweet, a friend of mine and I are working on his 96 tsi fwd.
6 bolt
SvtBlack95 said:
i also had a talon tsi awd before my cobra.... it was alot of fun until i got smoked but a supercharged teal 94gt making close to 500 hp...scarface my setup was like yours i had a 2g manifold,evo III 16g,evo III O2 housing both ported, apexi 3 inch full exhaust,apexi piggyback tuner,buschar racing front mount kit,custom fab intake manifold which i still have and will be up for sale when im done cleaning it and make it look pretty... i know i have a pic of it somewhere but ya 2 weeks after the race with the stang i got into a car accident that totaled the car then i bought my cobra
man that was almost the same exact setup!

Shangsta

Reaction score
Dsm's are awsome but like you said they are known for there reliability :help2: But 1 g's are the shit. My friend has a 1g eclipse with a 2.3l stroker and a 60 trim garrett. But that car has some serious heat issues. I had a 1g with a fp green and basic boltons

OP
OP
L

LR98Snake

this was supposed to be about my dyno, but man it got of topic. :dunno: I don't really care. It's just odd to see that even though we are Stang guys, we still have a lil' itch for having an import with a turbo. woot woot.

S

scarface

LR98Snake said:
this was supposed to be about my dyno, but man it got of topic. :dunno: I don't really care. It's just odd to see that even though we are Stang guys, we still have a lil' itch for having an import with a turbo. woot woot.
Sorry about that bro, Im ADD I cant seem to stay on topic.

Stable 1

Reaction score
Those are low numbers for what you have, could be that the correction factor was either on or off depending on the weather. Also some Dynojet dynos can load up the cars. There is 2 different ways to do this, with Eddy current( mustang dyno's and 224 dyno jets with that option) and real breaking ( larger 248 dynojets). We can command a certin rpm for the dyno to hold, or an RPM. I am a fan of Dynojet, but that is the Dyno that we have. Granted that the eddy current that the Mustang Dynos have is the better solution, the larger DynoJets (248) 48 inch drums are very accurate as the drums weight around 6000 lbs. Also the larger diameter drumes give a better contact patch to the tire for higher HP cars. Of course whatever dyno is used, everyone must make sure that they are talking about the same numbers. There is at least 5 different smothing setting and 6-8 correction factors that can be use. It is best to all ways have the max smoothing and to use the SAE correction. We can see a difference of 20 - 25 hp by just chaging these setting on a 290 hp 5.0. Drop me a line sometime, and we can give it a run.

blackfang

Reaction score
Folks, he stated this was done on a Mustang dyno, not a Dynojet.

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
scarface said:
LR98Snake said:
Sorry about that bro, Im ADD I cant seem to stay on topic.
my best friend that lives down the street jsut got a gsx eclipse thats pretty bas a**.
has alot of mods already done to it.....it friggin rapes me now but not after i get my :khobra:
wheres amazon? over in spartanburg? i thought only that 'mean street' crap hole was over there?

OP
OP
L

LR98Snake

Amazon is in Anderson. I wouldn't trust mean street with my toe nail clippings! Come out to the cruise at Sonic in Duncan and just ask around for Aaron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online

No members online now.