Pissed off with this cai

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
I ordered a bbk cai for my 95 gt mustang. I finally got it and never got around to trying to install it until tonight. I did not even take the ****ing air box off before I had a problem that I can't do nothing about atm. Well there is a electronic sensor plugged or should i say screwed into the stock rubber hose. Now the bkk has a hole for this sensor, however the sensor does not fit in this thing tightly, it sits there lose and if i hit a bump in the road with it, it would fall out. So pissed off i put the car back together and threw the bbk **** back into the box. The installation directions were off of summit and didn't help worth 2 ****s. So here is a picture of what I am talking about and someone who installed this kit on their car please fill me in. ( Sorry for the language not in a good mood)

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1430/bbkha1.jpg

GreenPony95

Reaction score
try this man. on the stock one you see how it screws in rite? try takin out the piece it screws into, it looks like its just screwed into the stock one, try takin the whole assembaly out and puting into the bbk, looks like you m ight need to screw some holes for it to work, but it mite be worth a try

jimgt95

Reaction score
That BBK cai should have a threaded bung for the ACT sensor. That's the way my former MAC cai was set up. I'd say get rid of that Big Bunch of Krap and get a refund.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Calm down. Its not the end of the world. You can probably get a firewall grommet from the parts store OR a small piece of rubber hose to take up the slack. It SHOULD have came with a grommet of some sort. There really isn't much to the install. It should take you about 15-20 minutes to throw in really...

V

vp6799

I just imstalled that same intake on my 94 GT. There is a rubber gromet that comes with the CAI. It goes in that hole to hold the sensor in. I can get a pic of it tomorrow for you.

Vic

97WhitePony

Reaction score
calm down... some of you guys get so worked up for small things... Yea it blows that you spent a good amount of money on something... but you gotta make it work... just sit back... have a beer... and make it work...

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
97WhitePony said:
calm down... some of you guys get so worked up for small things... Yea it blows that you spent a good amount of money on something... but you gotta make it work... just sit back... have a beer... and make it work...

i agree lets have have a beer screw the cai lol jk

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
yea i got the exact same cai on my 95 gt and everyone is right...there is a rubber grommet that that sensor just presses into it. it holds just fine.

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
SVTGizzi said:
yea i got the exact same cai on my 95 gt and everyone is right...there is a rubber grommet that that sensor just presses into it. it holds just fine.
They must of forgotten to put one in my kit.

Ninety5Five0

Reaction score
+1 on the grommet, mine came with one too. But i'm sure you can go buy one at a hardware store or sumptin.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online