PLanning on purchasing WHEELS...But Where From????

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
I am planning on purchasing a set of Silver FR500 Deep Dish wheels. So far I have been given prices from Late Model Restoration = $1075.00 shipped (incl. tires). MCRparts.com = $660.00 shipped (wheels only) and OEwheelsdirect.com = $950.00+Shipping (incl. tires). I am just wondering if I have missed anywhere that may have better deals? I would prefer to get a wheel and tire package but that is not something major I have to get together. Just seeing if you guys knew any other places?

Thanks

:help2:

OP
OP
M

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
I found a deal on EBAY for the FR500 Deep Dish silver wheel set with the 275 and 315 tires shipped to my door for $1044.00 or from latemodelrestoration.com I can get the same wheels and tire kit for $1095.00 shipped to my door.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
be real careful on wheel and tire packages...typically companies make money by selling you cheap tires, like somuto or whatever crap is on mine.

ever since getting into autocross with my probe have I had the attitude that a performance wheel and tire package is probably the single best mod you can do to any car for any type of racing...street driving, road racing, autox or drag. you will be really unsatisfied if you get a good "package" only to find out that even 315's in a crappy tire brand have NO traction. I cannot wait to get rid of these rear tires and swap out for some bfg dr's.

even if you don't race and only get on it once in a while on the street, you will still be really unsatisfied with bad tires. save your money and go with some name brand tires or drag radials...

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
I bought my rims from O.E.Wheels (bullit 18x9, 18x10). Didnt get the tire package but was happy with the rims. One had a blemish and they arranged pick up and had my new rim in days without any hassle. Just my two cents.

GaryG

Reaction score
http://www.americanmuscle.com

If any of you order parts for your Mustang from AmericanMuscle.com you can get a 6% discount on all orders by entering mustangboards when it asks for discount code/coupon

d_punch

Reaction score
have you tried a local rim shop in your area?

i would rather go to a local place that way if there is a problem all you do is take it back to the shop and have it fix then and ther. not have to ship it back and wait. it wouldn't hurt to try.

to tell you the truth i have started to spend more and more of my money at the local rim/speed shop cause i've been finding either better or getting the same deals that i would find over the net or through the big name like summit or jegs.
example i bought an AEM system at the local rim/speed shop. i paid less that what summit advertised and that was shipped to the shop and local state taxes which is 7%. this was in the begging of the year and since then summit's price on it has jumped $100.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online