Plasti-Dip ...YES or NO?

boston2k4

Reaction score
So i noticed there isnt really a body or paint subforum so i stuck it here

Was wondering if anyone else has played with this stuff if so what are your thoughts.

Im on my second dipped car now first was an srt10 did it flat black and it was super easy and came out looking great.

Currently doing my 97gt because i dont have enough funds to paint it with the other one. its clear looks tragic and super faded

if anyone on here did something (rims, badges, whole car!) post it up

i will add my truck and 97 pics as soon as i can

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I did my stock wheels and badges awhile back. Pics are in my build thread (5.oh buildup)

Addermk2

Reaction score
Don't bother with door jambs with plasti-dip. Just clear everything up nice and shoot it with a rattle can.

That being said, I will be dipping my car after the engine goes back in.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Plasti-dipping cars is gayer than 4.6 modulars.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I had my wheels pastidipped white for a while. I liked it but they were just a pain to keep clean. A few weeks ago I sprayed my roof black but dont have any pics of it yet

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I had my wheels pastidipped white for a while. I liked it but they were just a pain to keep clean. A few weeks ago I sprayed my roof black but dont have any pics of it yet

That's a great looking car. Not a fan of the white wheels. Maybe a brushed finish, or silver/titanium shade we be better. And 18s. And hyooge ridiculous brakes. :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
My bad i was kinda just asking what peoples thoughts are on it.

Oh gotcha. Well as tony puts it, anything that doesn't fit into the clones we will rebel against. Rise up/revolt and paint your car pink while you sleep to teach you a lesson :)

We have not had anyone do the whole car here yet that I know of. I have no problems with it but it seems like a waste of $$$ personally if you are doing any large areas.

CWO

Reaction score
I've used it with great success in small parts, don't think I'd want to do wheels or anything bigger.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i myself hate plasti-dip. to me its a cop out or a cheap temp fix. i know EVERY single mustang guy craves the shit (which is kinda weird) but i think of it as cheap crap that shows a paint job is too much for ya, lol. save up and get the car repainted imo. just my opinion tough. nothing personal to plasti-dip fans :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online