plastic intake cracking recall?

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
does anyone know anything about ouy plastic intakes being recalled? i did some research and it said ford would reimburse you if you had to replace the intake. does anyone know anything about this and how it works?

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_579361/tm.htm

this is where i read it at but im not really sure how the process works

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you take your car in, they run the vin, if it hasnt been done they will do it free of charge, or at least should. I think there is might be a timelimit on it but not 100% sure?

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
If its a 96-98 GT... forget about it. Your warranty is gone . FORD FUCKED US early 4.6's goo.d

CCM Power

Reaction score
Yeah,they sure stuck it to some of us pretty good. I have a 96 GT and for some reason never got the info in the mail on that recall. By the time I finally realized they were doing this recall it was already too late. I bought the replacement intake kit for $200 and did it myself a few months ago. No problems there. Much better than trying to take it to Ford now and having them charge you a ton of cash for the part and major labor expenses. :nonono:

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
oh well. i'm gonna buy used pi heads, brand new pi intake and a head swap kit for $550 shipped on wednesday. hopefully ill have it done by the end of the weekend :naughty: :dancing6:

STNG_96

Reaction score
CCM Power said:
Yeah,they sure stuck it to some of us pretty good. I have a 96 GT and for some reason never got the info in the mail on that recall. By the time I finally realized they were doing this recall it was already too late. I bought the replacement intake kit for $200 and did it myself a few months ago. No problems there. Much better than trying to take it to Ford now and having them charge you a ton of cash for the part and major labor expenses. :nonono:

That is because Ford did what is called a Silent recall, in that if the part went bad, they would replace it, but if it didn't they didnt tell you. The recall was for like 7 years and 100k, so yeah, 96-98s are done

CCM Power

Reaction score
I kind if figured it would be something along those lines. Figures they'd pull that. Well, I fixed it and didnt have to spend a lot to do it so I cant worry about that anymore. No big deal. It just sucks for other people out there who maybe dont know how to do it and then get socked with the huge bill at a dealership. I feel bad for them. What a ripoff! :nonono:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
CCM Power said:

That is because Ford did what is called a Silent recall, in that if the part went bad, they would replace it, but if it didn't they didnt tell you. The recall was for like 7 years and 100k, so yeah, 96-98s are done

yeah it was something like that..in 1998 i got a letter from my local ford dealer where i took my car in for service and they explained the problem and wanted to check it out...mine was good and never broke but they did find that my hood was splitting and was also a recall and gave me a new hood. I told them i didn't want another stocker but the 95R and i just had to pay the difference which was $85. So i got my real 95 Cobra R hood painted and installed for $85 :dancing6:

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
STNG_96 said:
CCM Power said:

yeah it was something like that..in 1998 i got a letter from my local ford dealer where i took my car in for service and they explained the problem and wanted to check it out...mine was good and never broke but they did find that my hood was splitting and was also a recall and gave me a new hood. I told them i didn't want another stocker but the 95R and i just had to pay the difference which was $85. So i got my real 95 Cobra R hood painted and installed for $85 :dancing6:

lucky :pimp2:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online