Playing around with some Carbon Fiber

Thomas_W

Reaction score
So one of my RC airplane customers employees me for a custom carbon hood scoop. He designed it, i did everything else. He wanted something different and a little exotic for his fuel injected big block cuda. These are a few pictures of the first scoop out of the mold. I havent done any wetsanding or clear coating yet, but these (i have to do a second) should be real eye catchers. The stripe down the center is a very expensive CF that i had to import from Germany and a little difficult to work with. The other carbon is a special "non shift" twill weave fabrice that keeps the carbon fibers from shifting, again.. Imported from germany.

Now im on the fence on if i want to mold the 4" cowl hood on my 99 and makeup a carbon hood for that. A carbon radiator cover is definitely on the short list of things to be done.

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I am not a hood scoop guy but I like the top one because it is different.

Its actually the same scoop, just Top/Bottom

the spread tow carbon is really awesome looking stuff, but amazingly expensive. That strip was about $200.

I believe once i get the stangs radiator support cover mold done, i'll probably offer them in different styles (priced accordingly of course). I've also got some carbon fiber/kevlar woven cloth that would look awesome on a yellow car.

joekd

Reaction score
Yeah, I have had a bit of an addiction for CF lately too.

Had a big show on Sunday and was rushing to get some accent pieces done with CF sheeting. Cut it and epoxied it in place then went to wash up and looked at myself in the mirror, I had so much carbon dust on myself it looked like i just finished a shift in a coal mine.

I love when people have CF vinyl and try to compare it to the real thing. Yes it looks really good, if you have never seen true CF.

This is my family sedan, real CF fusebox top, firewall cover, strut covers and all the SRT accents are backed with CF as well.

CFcoversjpg.jpg

hondarocks61

Reaction score
The dopeness...

Parts look awesome man!

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Yeah, I have had a bit of an addiction for CF lately too.

Had a big show on Sunday and was rushing to get some accent pieces done with CF sheeting. Cut it and epoxied it in place then went to wash up and looked at myself in the mirror, I had so much carbon dust on myself it looked like i just finished a shift in a coal mine.

I love when people have CF vinyl and try to compare it to the real thing. Yes it looks really good, if you have never seen true CF.

This is my family sedan, real CF fusebox top, firewall cover, strut covers and all the SRT accents are backed with CF as well.

CFcoversjpg.jpg

I know that feeling! Car looks great though

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online