Please HELP

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Car is shuddering horribly...codes are:

314 Therm Air System Not Working Bank2
311 Therm Air System Not Working Bank1

If anyone has had this code PLEASE help. Ford said the code is very broad...vaccume lines, emmisions, smog, etc. I've been running around trying to figure this out for a weeks and havn't been able to get it, the car is such a pain in the ass to drive!

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
check all your hoses, and emissions. there also is a big hose under the cai that could be disconnected.

OP
OP
E

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Thanks. I just checked a few and they seemed ok. I'll take a close look later. I Took the belt off and spun the smog pump and it would spin freely then suddenly stop...is that normal?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Im not too sure about that, also make sure you inspect all the hoses for dry rot at the ends especially, i had that problem in my jeep, everything was connected and looked fine, and then i started pulling off hoses one by one and found many of them cracked and barley on.

d_punch

Reaction score
if i knew there was a way to check your 02 sensors, i would tell you how. but the only way i know to tell if they are bad is to change them.

d_punch

Reaction score
i would also check your plug wires to see if any are burnt or in bad shape, and also pull the plugs to see if any are fouled.

OP
OP
E

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Replaced o2 sensors AND plug wires no go. I disconnected the battery on friday and played with some of the vaccume hoses and smog shit...it all looked fine. I put it back together and quickly cleaned to MAF...ever since it's been back to normal some how. I cleaned to MAF a month ago so I'm a little confused but happy she's back to normal...for now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.