Plug wire clips? Looms? Seperators?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I got plug wires! Yes it looks like spaghetti junction...I know! Messy as it looks, its what im running. The COP setup looks clean and poses less problems but im sort of pride stricken with the wires. This said.... what are my options for cleaning up the spaghetti mess? The car didnt come with the stock plug wire bridge over the alternator and I dont remember any of the seperation clips intact. Give me some ideas.

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Im thinking the clips that slipped over the valve cover screw studs, but I cant find any to order up. Anyone here have any?

Royal96

Reaction score
If you don't find some soon, let me know. I'll nab you a few from the junkyard if I can find them the next time I go (Which Im due for a trip soon).

DFG_magic

Reaction score
Gonna probably have to check the junkyard. I'll check my local yards for ya' as well.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't know anyone that hates mess wiring more then me.

5587451431123902-38d188be50.jpg

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I got plug wires! Yes it looks like spaghetti junction...I know! Messy as it looks, its what im running. The COP setup looks clean and poses less problems but im sort of pride stricken with the wires. This said.... what are my options for cleaning up the spaghetti mess? The car didnt come with the stock plug wire bridge over the alternator and I dont remember any of the seperation clips intact. Give me some ideas.

I kind of feel the same way! I like the clean look of the COPS but I am old school and like the look of a nice wire setup.

Plus I just hit Ford yesterday and snagged 4 COPS for my wife's Escape and those things are not cheap.

joekd

Reaction score
Way back when I used billet ones, painted them to match the car then drilled a couple holes so I could mount the larger front ones to the alt bracket with small bolts

plenum330.jpg

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ever since seeing Paul post that many moons ago, I use zip ties, especially if I am not trying to make it stand out, just trying to keep neatly separated and tucked away.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is where I would start. You will probably find that getting them to line up nice neat and clean is harder then it sounds with over the counter brand wires. One is always too short, one too long... The only way I know to get them the perfect length like I did was to get a set that you cut to length and then put the end on. It not hard but the crimper/set normally makes them a little more $$$ then people want to pay for clean wiring. Like I said I HATE mess wiring.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Dont know if youre still looking but as was said zip ties work well. One thing to watch, i dont know if ford had the same problem as dodge with wire interference. With the magnum motors the seperators are a must

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol at the bump. The day I posted in this thread I ended up making a set because I changed the wires bwahaha