Plug wires! Brand?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick post because im on the fone.. my #2 plug wire is bad on the cobra so tomorrow im going to go pick up a set.

what is the best brand or best value/deal?

MSD?
FRPP?
Taylor?

and what size wires should i get? let me know guys! i HAVE to get these tomorrow!

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well i would get a set that is custom instead of universal so that they fit better. I went with livewires for my 95. They say you can lay them on a header and it wont hurt them. They aint cheap and you pry cant get them by tomorrow (u have to order them through the company, i dont think anyone else has them) so they pry wouldnt work for ya. Id go with the taylors.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
MSD has some at my local speed shop.. they say they fit 96-98 cobras.. they are like 86 bucks for the red 8.5mm wire but they fit specifically my car.

sound ok?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Get the FRPP ones...Hit up a dealership and someone might have them..they are dope...and are HUGE 9 mm

97vertstang

Reaction score
i had msd on my 97, when i went to buy wires for my 91, they only had frpp so i just got them. personally i think the msd ones were a better quality, boot seemed better, and if i could do it again i would have waited for the msd wires. i run nothing but msd products on my cars and my dads cars.

Rantheman

Reaction score
get some cut to fit 11mm wires j/k get the frpp i have them i like em!!

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Get the nice Moroso Race wires. From what I hear, you will never need another set of wires. I just ordered some. The were about $150

RabidPony

Reaction score
I've got the Taylor 10.4mm wires to accomodate my MSD DIS-4 HO and Accel coil packs. The lengths are a little off but I get enough spark to cook an elephant. The materials are also top notch and the boots haven't fatigued at all after many, many removals and reinstalls.

Jono

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hey guys, well i was spendin my dads money so i didn't really have a say so in the price/brand i wanted.. i ended up gettin the msd 8.5mm red wires. the lengths are off butttttt she runs 1000x better than what she was doin.

at first i put them on and accidentally took the 2 and the 7 wires off and when i put them back on, switched them by accident, started the car and it was running twice as bad, which i guess it should have since 2 were in the wrong firing order, checked them again, switched em and started it back up and it ran perfectly. now i just need to get that intake gasket fixed! :) :)

im happy with the MSD's.. i haven't tried other brands so i can't say they are the best but i like them compared to stockers.

97vertstang

Reaction score
to me msd is the best. i used taylors, accel, mallory, frpp( never tried or seen livewires though :dunno: ) and the quality of msd products look better.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah wow what a difference.. it idles sooo much smoother, its amazing. no vibrations at all! i love it! :)

S

scarface

RabidPony said:
I've got the Taylor 10.4mm wires to accomodate my MSD DIS-4 HO and Accel coil packs. The lengths are a little off but I get enough spark to cook an elephant. The materials are alos top notch and the boots haven't fatigued at att after many, many removals and reinstalls.

Jono
+1 :)

GDawg

Reaction score
MSDs are great. Had the FRPP but they only lasted a year at 9mm. The MSD are 8.5 and fit in the stock looms better. Still running MSDs on my charger.

DSideSC.jpg

wytstang

Reaction score
I hated my MSD wires they fell apart on me since I liked to tinker with my car. The thin metal used to let you angle them anyway you wany broke on three of them and was a huge PITA to fix. Also had a very very faint miss during idle (before the thin metal broke) but worked fine at WOT. Replaced them with Taylors and love them, the faint miss is gone idles great and I've removed them plenty of times with no worries. And just to be very clear I never pull a plug wire off by hanking on the wire I grab the boot and twist and pull. MSD wires just held on too good causing the thin metal to let go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online