PM's

Jarrod@latemodel

Reaction score
I used to get emails alerting me when I received a PM from a forum member. The last email I received from the forum was on 4/16. Can a Mod or Admin look into this for me? I was playing a little catch up from being gone for a week, but once I started replying to PM's I checked my emails and I didn't have any.

All of my settings are the same. Nothing has been changed on my end.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
[MENTION=17876]DeepList[/MENTION] might be able to fix this
I also stopped getting emails. But i get a notification on tapatalk so it's actually better off that way lol

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

OP
OP
Jarrod@latemodel

Jarrod@latemodel

Reaction score
Hopefully he will chime in and be able to find a fix for me! :thumbsup:

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've received a few PMs over the last couple of days and I got an email each time. Are you guys sure they're not landing in a spam filter?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is it turned on in your profile? Did the server switch reset user settings maybe [MENTION=17876]DeepList[/MENTION]?

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Did the server switch reset user settings maybe DeepList?

It shouldn't have changed anything...

But, if the new email server's settings are not configured properly (ie/ correct SPF records, rDNS, etc) it will cause a lot of email servers on the receiving end to toss them as bogus/spam. I'm not saying that's the case here, but if their notifications were coming in before the last server migration, and have abruptly stopped since then, it's possible the email servers aren't set up correctly on the new box.

I did notice the site is missing its MX record. Ping [MENTION=19105]Shaggy[/MENTION].

OP
OP
Jarrod@latemodel

Jarrod@latemodel

Reaction score
I checked my settings, everything is still the same. Nothing has been changed on my end.
Private messaging is set to "on"
Receive PM's is clicked as "from all members"
Email Notification of New Private Messages: is clicked to receive email notification of new private messages

No spam folder with my work email. Anything and everything comes through.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Jarrod,

Are you sure your email is not filtered somewhere along the line? Have you tried adding the email address to your contacts or favourites or set a rule to never mark it as spam?

OP
OP
Jarrod@latemodel

Jarrod@latemodel

Reaction score
Jarrod,

Are you sure your email is not filtered somewhere along the line? Have you tried adding the email address to your contacts or favourites or set a rule to never mark it as spam?

I am sure they are not filtered (even though I wish some where, lol). The email address that I used to get them from is [email protected]. Like I said, the last email I received was on 4/16/14.

OP
OP
Jarrod@latemodel

Jarrod@latemodel

Reaction score
Can someone look into this for me and get it fixed? I had two unread PM's and I had no email notification about it.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
EGKgVZW.jpg

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online