PO lowered car, now the front end is off so bad I don't know if it can be fixed

sn95GT302

Reaction score
Like I said, the po of my 95gt lowered the car, now the camber is so far off it completely ruined the 2 front tires. The camber is so bad it wore the hankooks completely down to the steel belt on the inside 1/8th of both front tires, the rest of the tires look brand new. I'm getting 2 new tires on Tuesday. Can an alignment shop even fix the front end so both tires are solidly on the road. / \ the tires look like that if you're looking at the front end. I just want these new tires to last and wear evenly. I'm not sure how the po lowered the car either, probably springs. Hopefully they didn't just cut the springs.

Reaction score
What's a PO? Also if you're lowering your car it's highly recommended you install some caster camber plates at the same time. I recommend steeda 3 posts because you won't have to drill an extra hole but mm makes awesome CC plates. Just need to put that 4th hole in

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Previous owner.
And as stated above, caster camber plates are a must for any mustang lowered more than an inch I believe.
Once you have those installed, you can fix the camber yourself or have an alignment shop do it.
Otherwise you will have to return to stock height or you have a totally different problem you aren't aware of.

OP
OP
S

sn95GT302

Reaction score
Previous owner, I don't believe it has any plates installed. I don't know if it can realigned properly the way it is now which really pisses me off. So far the only thing ive been able to do with this car is fix or finish things the previous owner did or started and didn't finish. I just noticed today one of the headers is leaking against the head and there's some sort of 02 bung or something plugged with aluminum foil... I shit you not.

OP
OP
S

sn95GT302

Reaction score
I was just looking and found adjustable camber bolts for 25-30$. The reviews on the product seems like it would be a cheaper alternative that would work for me. I believe they were made by eibach. Anyone have any experience with these? I would much rather spend 30$ on fixing this and use my extra money on 3.73 gears than spending 200$ on plates. I need to finish the exhaust badly also. There's nothing but headers and an x-pipe with mufflers and it ends right under the car. No pipes going over the axle and out the back. So it's pretty loud and annoying.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
You can use the bolts, only thing with them is if the car is lowered to far for them youre waisting the $30. The plates are honestly the way to go. And if you decide to do anything else with the suspension youve already got em.

Royal96

Reaction score
I was just looking and found adjustable camber bolts for 25-30$. The reviews on the product seems like it would be a cheaper alternative that would work for me. I believe they were made by eibach. Anyone have any experience with these? I would much rather spend 30$ on fixing this and use my extra money on 3.73 gears than spending 200$ on plates. I need to finish the exhaust badly also. There's nothing but headers and an x-pipe with mufflers and it ends right under the car. No pipes going over the axle and out the back. So it's pretty loud and annoying.

Those bolts are only good for an additional +/- 1.75* adjustment. If Youre down to the wire on an eigth of your tire, I'd assume it needs more than that. I'd get the plates and call it good.

OP
OP
S

sn95GT302

Reaction score
Right, I don't think the car has been lowered more than a 1.5-2inches. it's not ridiculously low or anything. I would rather try the bolts first and at least get it close than spend 200 on the plates. This car is used for going in a straight line and cruising around. I don't know what else I would ever adjust the suspension for. I just don't want to be wearing out the tires every 5000 miles. It had really nice hankook Venus tires on it that looked brand new until I saw the inside of the tires where the steel cord was poking out. Such a waste of good tires. Now it's gonna have shitty fuzion tires because that's all the money I want to drop for tires. I'm spending money on all the wrong places on this car. I wanted to wait in the low-mid 14 second range by the end of this season. Looks like that's not gonna happen this year.

OP
OP
S

sn95GT302

Reaction score
That's a good point. I wonder if an alignment shop could just tell me how many degrees it's off so I know if I can just go with the bolts or buy plates if need be.

OP
OP
S

sn95GT302

Reaction score
It's enough. I had similar problems on my 98. One of the reasons why I don't have it anymore... ahem... just get the cc plates, you NEED them

What else would I be able to do with the suspension besides fix the camber? It actually seemed to handle amazing even though like an inch of the front tires were actually on the road. I guess negative camber would actually improve cornering ability though. But seriously, what else could I do with the suspension if I got the plates?

Reaction score
Lol, well you kinda answered your own question. Not only can you set it up to ride factory, but you can adjust it almost as much as you like. For racing purposes, not going straight, having negative camber is awesome for cornering. When I drive my car I try to have it as close to stock in front but when track days come up I adjust them and give negative camber

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Save yourself the headache, get CC plates and call it a day. Trust us, we've all been where you are. I was lowered an inch, 1.5", now probably 3 inches. CC plates will get everything aligned and save your tires. Those camber bolts do diddly squat. Those work well on 05+ cars, 94-04s not so much.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Previous owner, I don't believe it has any plates installed. I don't know if it can realigned properly the way it is now which really pisses me off. So far the only thing ive been able to do with this car is fix or finish things the previous owner did or started and didn't finish. I just noticed today one of the headers is leaking against the head and there's some sort of 02 bung or something plugged with aluminum foil... I shit you not.

That would be where your EGR tube goes on the header. Its a tube that goes from your header to the EGR valve like right behind your throttlebody, behind the intake manifold. If that valve isn't on, you probably have a check engine light and crappy gas mileage. If the egr valve is there and you're just missing the tube, grab a 94-95 5.0 EGR tube from a junkyard or ebay, and bolt it back in. It'll help with fuel economy.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I actually have Maximum Motorsports CC plates and I still needed the camber bolts to complete the alignment in spec. So, you may end up needing both. However, I would start with the plates first, a much better initial investment.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what will the plates do besides suspension? Save your tires... Look around you can find them used all the time but save yourself the thirty bucks on teh bolt

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Plates make it so you can get your alignment in spec without having to worry about whether or not the bolts alone will work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online