polished an Infiniti SUV

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
turned out good.
I love the PB ultra fine - makes love to the paint, and works on glass and chrome too.

MMinf2.jpg

MMinf3.jpg

MMinf1.jpg

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you. They were happy with it :)

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Did you bust out the porter cable on this one and if so what products did you use. It looks very wet. 8)

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ya, porter cabled it with an edge 2000 pad.

I uesd Poor Boys ultra fine polish on the paint (and windows)
Topped with Nattys blue, by hand.

ALITL8

Reaction score
MMMMMMMmmmmmm GLOSSY!!!

looks very nice, Jeff... am i seeing cleaned wheel wells? a scrub brush works real well in the rear ones when theyve got a rough texture O0

wytstang

Reaction score
Looks good bro...I've pretty much stoped using PB SSR line they just dust too much for my liking and I'm dieing to use the Optimum polish/compound I have as they have said they really dont dust at all. Have you by any chance tried PB Polish with Sealant?? I've heard it's kick as and I'm some what intrested in buying it.
http://poorboysworld.com/polish-with-sealant.htm

Juztang

Reaction score
Wystang-the Optimum Polishes are great. I used the Poorboys SSR line a lot in the past but use nothing but Optimum now. There is no dust and has great working time. I really like how the Optimum finishes out too. A lot of the time I can be using an orange pad it is finishes off just like you were using a polishing pad.

The Polish w/Sealant is another awesome product. It really cleans the paint well. It also leaves the finish very deep and the paint feels very slick.

I currently have my Optimum lineup on sale that goes until midnight tonight. I'm also having an intro sale on the Poorboys Polish w/Sealant. Check it out!

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
okay, tell me more about the Optimum polishes.

The SSR 2 wasn't bad to work, but the more agressive ones, I had to work pretty hard.

Which Opt. polishes for swirl marks and heavier scratches??
the compound, hypercompound??

How is the PB polish/selant differnt from the ultra fine polish?

Thanks for the Comps Whtstang :)

Juztang

Reaction score
The Optimum Compound is more aggressive than the SSR2 but doesn't leaving the miromarring and doesn't dust at all. The Compound actually finishes out really well. The Optimum Polish is an awesome final polish. The HyperCompound works awesome for really bad swirls. It works a lot better with a rotary though. The Polish and Compound are a great combo to have. They are very popular over at Autopia.org

The PB sealant is a paint cleaner,polish, and sealant all in one. It is more durable than the Polish w/Carnuba. It also smells great...smells like Orange sherbert. It is a chemical polish so it is pad dependant on how much cut you will have. I use this a ton now, it saves me a lot of time on customers vehicles. I can give a polish and sealant all in one step.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I think I'm going to have to get some Optimum stuff next time I need polish. I've got Sonus SFX-1,2 and 3 polishes. They seem to need a decent amount of pressure and a pretty fast speed on the Porter Cable for them to do anything. It may just be a tough clear coat though. :dunno:

wytstang

Reaction score
Red96GT I've really haven't heard anything on the Sonus brands polishes/compounds even on autopia's forum and they make the stuff. That to me says alot of a product I've read more about Optimum, PB, and Menzerna polished/compounds and most detailing forums.

wytstang

Reaction score
Juztang said:
Wystang-the Optimum Polishes are great. I used the Poorboys SSR line a lot in the past but use nothing but Optimum now. There is no dust and has great working time. I really like how the Optimum finishes out too. A lot of the time I can be using an orange pad it is finishes off just like you were using a polishing pad.

The Polish w/Sealant is another awesome product. It really cleans the paint well. It also leaves the finish very deep and the paint feels very slick.

I currently have my Optimum lineup on sale that goes until midnight tonight. I'm also having an intro sale on the Poorboys Polish w/Sealant. Check it out!
I actually already have the Opt. polish and compound I'm just waiting to use them. When I need some more Clearkote products I'll hit you up as I just love VM & RMG.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online