Polished Saleens Shine?

97mustang82

Reaction score
.../\ say that 3 times, lol.

I'm still torn between the Black FR500's and the Saleens. I have a question.

The Chrome Salens are too expensive for me otherwise I would buy them, but the polished ones are within my price range. What I want to know is how the shine is on the polished rims. How are they compared to chrome? My chrome 17" Y2K's shine like they were made to blind you:rockon: . I know the polished rims won't shine like that, but how much more of a dull shine do they bring?

And there are a few types of polished finishes i'm seeing. There's one with a mirror polished shine and ones with a duller polished shine. Who has polished wheels out here or seen them on a stang in person (probably everyone but me, lol)? Been to over 15 car shows last year but never really bothered to notice the finish on the polished rims. Help me out please. Thanks. Oh, and would you go polished (not chrome) over black on a black stang?:shrug:

OP
OP

97mustang82

Reaction score
Sorry if one of these is your car. I believe the owner of the black on black is on this site. Bada$$ ride btw, i've been looking at it for a week now trying to decide what to choose, lol. Here's the polished saleens i've been comparing. Can't really tell a whole lot about the shine through pictures.

G

GREG@SN95

You can make a polished finish shine ALMOST as nice as chrome...

close, with mucho trabaja, but no cigar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IT's less reflective, more on the silver side. but you can polish them up.

and you will. polished wheels require regular cleaning and polish so they dont corrode/dull/pit.

But they still look good IMO.

G

GREG@SN95

Snakebit said:
in some cases polished rims look BETTER than chrome

depends on preference... IMO... nothing is better then chrome...

OP
OP

97mustang82

Reaction score
Snakebit said:

You mean like the polished wheels with a mirror finish? Or polishing the wheels till they shine real bright.

GREG@SN95 said:
Yea, my Y2K's shine like a mother. Especially when the sun starts to set a bit and it glares in the dark.

G

GREG@SN95

97mustang82 said:
Snakebit said:

You mean like the polished wheels with a mirror finish? Or polishing the wheels till they shine real bright.

GREG@SN95 said:
Yea, my Y2K's shine like a mother. Especially when the sun starts to set a bit and it glares in the dark.

111416029-1.jpg

Polished bullitts... I thought he had chrome rims until I saw a closeup...

OP
OP

97mustang82

Reaction score
Holy shit, I was busy looking at the rims until I noticed the whole car. Thats pretty fuckin sic man. Never seen a roush front end with cobra r hood. Looks real mean and bubbly, kinna like they were meant to go together.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online