Polished Saleens Shine?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 97mustang82, Apr 9, 2007.

1. 97mustang82

97mustang82 New Member

.../\ say that 3 times, lol.

I'm still torn between the Black FR500's and the Saleens. I have a question.

The Chrome Salens are too expensive for me otherwise I would buy them, but the polished ones are within my price range. What I want to know is how the shine is on the polished rims. How are they compared to chrome? My chrome 17" Y2K's shine like they were made to blind you:rockon: . I know the polished rims won't shine like that, but how much more of a dull shine do they bring?

And there are a few types of polished finishes i'm seeing. There's one with a mirror polished shine and ones with a duller polished shine. Who has polished wheels out here or seen them on a stang in person (probably everyone but me, lol)? Been to over 15 car shows last year but never really bothered to notice the finish on the polished rims. Help me out please. Thanks. Oh, and would you go polished (not chrome) over black on a black stang?:shrug:

2. 97mustang82

97mustang82 New Member

Sorry if one of these is your car. I believe the owner of the black on black is on this site. Bada$$ ride btw, i've been looking at it for a week now trying to decide what to choose, lol. Here's the polished saleens i've been comparing. Can't really tell a whole lot about the shine through pictures.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. You can make a polished finish shine ALMOST as nice as chrome...

close, with mucho trabaja, but no cigar

4. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

in some cases polished rims look BETTER than chrome

5. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

IT's less reflective, more on the silver side. but you can polish them up.

and you will. polished wheels require regular cleaning and polish so they dont corrode/dull/pit.

But they still look good IMO.

6. depends on preference... IMO... nothing is better then chrome...

7. 97mustang82

97mustang82 New Member

You mean like the polished wheels with a mirror finish? Or polishing the wheels till they shine real bright.

Yea, my Y2K's shine like a mother. Especially when the sun starts to set a bit and it glares in the dark.

8. [​IMG]

Polished bullitts... I thought he had chrome rims until I saw a closeup...

9. 97mustang82

97mustang82 New Member

Holy shit, I was busy looking at the rims until I noticed the whole car. Thats pretty fuckin sic man. Never seen a roush front end with cobra r hood. Looks real mean and bubbly, kinna like they were meant to go together.