Polishing Cobra calipers, rebuilding them.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Got a set of cobra calipers. I want to rebuild them and polish them. Any write ups on either?

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Best advice is don't do it lol. You'll have to spend a solid weekend on them and that's using power tools to knock the roughness off first. Then they'll oxidize and look hazy after a month since your car sits outside.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Best advice is don't do it lol. You'll have to spend a solid weekend on them and that's using power tools to knock the roughness off first. Then they'll oxidize and look hazy after a month since your car sits outside.
I agree with this 100%

I did the upper part of my old bikes frame it was a PITA, took forever and it was constant maintinance I should have powder coated it black. Just know what your getting into

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I smoothed mine out for powder and considered just polishing them out but also decided I didn't want the maint on them. Hell I am sending that upper out for ceramic coating partially for that reason but I am not going to say don't do it.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Or you can paint them silver and not worry about much maintenance either. Polished brakes are cool but on a daily I imagine it's going to be the opposite of cool.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score

Yeah I'm over it already haha. I found a color I like

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The polishing part isnt hard honestly. Its keep them looking good afterwards which is a pain. I polished my alternator and valve cover, was so hard to keep them looking nice. No longer have the alternator and I ended up clear coating the valve covers. Even with the clear coat they don't look amazing, get weird colors that develop under and in coating eventually.

Please don't paint them red or yellow...

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Calipers should never be any color other than black or silver IMO, unless you have crazy big brakes that you want attention drawn to.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
The polishing part isnt hard honestly. Its keep them looking good afterwards which is a pain. I polished my alternator and valve cover, was so hard to keep them looking nice. No longer have the alternator and I ended up clear coating the valve covers. Even with the clear coat they don't look amazing, get weird colors that develop under and in coating eventually.

Please don't paint them red or yellow...
Not gonna be red or yellow.
I bet he does blue
Nope

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online