pollution system

347stroker

Reaction score
hi guys i told off my pollution system and bulged up the back of the motor is there anything else i should do. ( are any of those tubes vaccum tubes) if u guys could tell me what to do that will be great thanks. ( taking this off won't effect the way the car runs right)

ryclef331

Reaction score
From what I gather (kind of hard to understand your post), you took off the smog pump? Correct? You said you plugged the holes in the back of the heads so that what it sounds like to me. As long as you plugged any remaining vacuum lines on the car that were connected to that, you'll be fine. NOW, if you took off the EGR, thats a different story. Read this thread. I explained what SHOULD be done to eliminate it.

http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=3349.0

OP
OP

347stroker

Reaction score
ya the pump and all the tubes on that side of the motor, like the tube that goes to the h pipe , the tube that goes into my header is still there. i was woundering if those 2 tubes that plug in to the pollution stuff , if they were vacum lines
]

OP
OP

347stroker

Reaction score
is there any gains to removing this stuff or should i put it back on

ryclef331

Reaction score
Other than losing the ugliness and weight...there isn't much of a power gain to be had. Read the post I linked to if you haven't already. I went alot further in depth there.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
i think the smog just takes up a lot of space and i dont have cats anymore so i really dont need it anymore...im planning on taking it off soon i just need to plug the 2 small vacuum lines and find caps for the tube that goes into the head and the pump itself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010