Poorly lit intersections are the true enemy

RustangJeeTee

Reaction score
Forget Isis, the Taliban, and Vladimir Putin's five-head. The real threat that should be keeping you up at night is uninterested municipalities, their inability to put decent signage or lighting up, and those stupid median-type things that force you to turn right if you're in a turn-only lane. Keep your eyes open, especially around North Fort Worth.

Also, I now have to look for a new car (3,700 dollars worth of damage). Anyone have any suggestions? I'm hoping not to spend more than around 17k.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
17K will buy you a nice 03/04 Cobra in Texas.

If your accident was in fact due to poor lighting/signage etc and you can prove it, you may have a bit more money for your new car.

OP
OP
RustangJeeTee

RustangJeeTee

Reaction score
17K will buy you a nice 03/04 Cobra in Texas. If your accident was in fact due to poor lighting/signage etc and you can prove it, you may have a bit more money for your new car.
Well, i would have a hard time explaining to the people who would inevitably get involved why i was where i was to begin with. So yeah, I'm gonna be low key about this whole thing. I think I've settled on an R/T Challenger though.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
That sucks man. But in good news, I am pretty sure that you will never do that again. At least at that intersection............

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Well, i would have a hard time explaining to the people who would inevitably get involved why i was where i was to begin with. So yeah, I'm gonna be low key about this whole thing. I think I've settled on an R/T Challenger though.

Sounds like some shady stuff to me.....

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm confused.
Poorly lit?
That sucks, but were your headlights not on?
Was there not a sign before entering the area where there is a median?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah we haven't really heard the whole story which makes it sound a lil sketchy.........

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
RustangJeeTee

RustangJeeTee

Reaction score
I'm confused.
Poorly lit?
That sucks, but were your headlights not on?
Was there not a sign before entering the area where there is a median?

My headlights were on, but they're not real bright. It's a construction area. The curb blended in with the street and I didn't see it until it was too late.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
phoenix was bad about medians. They were everywhere to the point that they actually made it legal to do u-turns at some red lights just because you have to just to get around/over. You can't do it at all intersections though the ones you can the median stops probably 15-20 ft before the intersection line that you stop at. As long as there is no one in the green light lane that is turning and you can pull it and not break the intersection line its good to go. It took some getting use to but after that did it all the time. Thankfully phoenix was pretty good about lighting most of the time but there was a few times like you said construction was in the way or something else and I had to pull it to the right to miss.

OP
OP
RustangJeeTee

RustangJeeTee

Reaction score
phoenix was bad about medians. They were everywhere to the point that they actually made it legal to do u-turns at some red lights just because you have to just to get around/over. You can't do it at all intersections though the ones you can the median stops probably 15-20 ft before the intersection line that you stop at. As long as there is no one in the green light lane that is turning and you can pull it and not break the intersection line its good to go. It took some getting use to but after that did it all the time. Thankfully phoenix was pretty good about lighting most of the time but there was a few times like you said construction was in the way or something else and I had to pull it to the right to miss.

I'm a pretty attentive driver, and I pride myself on being able to avoid 99% of bad situations, but nobody's perfect.

OP
OP
RustangJeeTee

RustangJeeTee

Reaction score
Well, I got word from Nationwide today. They're totalling it out and said they'd give me 6000 (that includes TT&L). I asked them how much buyback would be and their salvage value for the car is 300, plus my deductible of 250. So I bought it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online