Ported Non-PIs?

Daywalker

Reaction score
Where's the best place to buy a set of ported, non-pi heads? I'm thinking I wanna get a set installed before my blower ships. I'd like some good blower cams too, any suggestions? Thanks a lot... :pimp2:

96gt226410

Reaction score
Buy a set of NPI heads and cams for $100 and take them to a shop. You can buy mine and take them to whatever shop you want. :thumb:

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
I've also noticed that PI GTs have a much more aggressive sounding exhaust than Non-PI GTs. Even with the same exhaust mods, the PI GTs just sound so much better to me. Is it the cams that make the difference?

GDawg

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying some Stage II or III heads from Patriot Performance.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
GDawg said:

your blower is made for NPI head ports, if you bought Patriot (which are PI heads) you would probably have to have your blower port matched....or you could get some Ford Racing/SVO heads that will bolt up to your blower as is.

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
Well, I ordered some Non-PIs from Jason at Steen Racing. They should ship no later than the end of this week. I'm also about to pull the trigger on some Comp 270s, think this combo will work well with a P1SC? :dunno:

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Daywalker said:
Well, I ordered some Non-PIs from Jason at Steen Racing. They should ship no later than the end of this week. I'm also about to pull the trigger on some Comp 270s, think this combo will work well with a P1SC? :dunno:

do you live near us? his shop isnt to far from my house, well its like 30 mins or so but its still "local" for me

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Daywalker said:

Comp 270's are PI cams,
more info on the heads you ordered...did he give you any estimate on flow #'s etc? bigger valves? offset retainers to run higher lift PI cams? How much did he charge you? :D

GDawg

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
GDawg said:

your blower is made for NPI head ports, if you bought Patriot (which are PI heads) you would probably have to have your blower port matched....or you could get some Ford Racing/SVO heads that will bolt up to your blower as is.

I thought they offered pnp heads for NPI...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
GDawg said:
DropTopPony said:
GDawg said:

I thought they offered pnp heads for NPI...

I've never seen Patriot sell p&p'd NPI's....but i wouldn't buy there shit heads anyway. Don't get cheap and buy shitty parts now.

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
They were actually not too bad as far as price. He (Jason) told me that I'd be able to put any NPI or PI cam I want into the heads up to .600 lift. There's a local shop here that supposedly does great work, and he wanted $1250 to do a full rebuild on the heads. And with that $1250, there was NO valve spring/retainer upgrade, they'd still only work with NPI cams, and would only recieve a "mild" port. I got all of that with the Steen ones, for only about $100 more than that. And that was with the $80 coast-to-coast shipping charge. I feel I did ok. And I DID buy those XE270AHs, got em for four bills. Now all I gotta do is get someone to put it all together before it goes into the ride. :pimp2: By the time I'm done with all this, the UPS should be knockin with something special from ATI. I've been waiting about a month already..... :mad:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Those 270ah are very good for blower cars so you will be ok with them. Make sure you take lots of pics of the ports and valves for everyone to see how nice p&p'd NPI heads are.

Your setup is gonna be real nice and compared to stock you will think you are in a missile.

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
I hope so, I'm hoping for 375RWHP. I'm not going any higher than that on the stock block. Once all that is done, it'll be time to save up for my MMR Stroker 650 block. I want a 5.0 sooooooo bad! :pimp2:

GDawg

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
GDawg said:

Ok... thanks for the info. Are the Ford Racing/SVO heads different too? I don't want to mess with my blower. I would just rather find the right setup for my NPI engine. Any more suggestions? Cams?

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
Quick question, will I have any PTV issues with this set-up? I read something on another forums that's got me nervous... :noes:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
GDawg said:
DropTopPony said:
GDawg said:

Ok... thanks for the info. Are the Ford Racing/SVO heads different too? I don't want to mess with my blower. I would just rather find the right setup for my NPI engine. Any more suggestions? Cams?

The SVO/Ford Racing heads are the best 2V heads you can buy....get them with some custom blower cams from Modular Powerhouse and you will easily add 75-100hp to your car.

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
Just got flow numbers from Jason on my Ported/Polished NPIs, lemme know what you guys think...

Lift: Intake: Exhaust:

.100 57.5 55.3
.200 100.3 99.4
.300 137.2 130.2
.400 166.2 152.1
.500 184.6 166.2
.600 204.3 173.4

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member