Possible 95 GTS purchase

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
Looks like I have some bathroom reading material at work. Motor wise, this car has a specific purpose in life and that is to be 12:1 Power to weight ratio racing class. And it replaces a 3400lbs-280hp/280tq car that ate tires like crazy. If I can keep this thing close to 3100-3200 and make around 230hp/270tq it should be sitting pretty.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Have fun with it. I would love to get another pushrod project going. So easy to make power with them.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Have fun with it. I would love to get another pushrod project going. So easy to make power with them.

My '95 GT [aka the Unicorn, with the mods listed above] would've roasted my PI swap '98 GT [aka Spaceghost] from a dig but spaceghost would've walked away from the unicorn on top end. The E7 heads ensured the fun was over by 5000 rpms where my 4.6 pulls all the way to around 6000 [as indicated by the stock tach]

lutter94

Reaction score
Make sure to finish waxing the roof. Looks like wax still up there lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
Make sure to finish waxing the roof. Looks like wax still up there lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

But the youtube video said to leave the wax on the paint surface for three days and make sure it gets lots of sun?

#AZcarproblems

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
lol. Is it really just that faded??

Yeah. I haven't tried throwing any wax or anything yet, might try this weekend. But my laser red cobra is about 5 different shades of red from fading and not being waxed regularly by previous owners.

RichV

Reaction score
For your goal HP, I would do a GT40 top end, then choke it down to 240 with a restrictor.

E7 heads, E303, 1.7 rr, and a GT40 intake will be at 240 easily.
GT40 heads/intake and E303 will be closer to 260, but a restrictor plate will choke you down and you'll have upper RPM power.

Congrats on the purchase! Too bad CMC is weak in your area. That would fit the bill too.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
For your goal HP, I would do a GT40 top end, then choke it down to 240 with a restrictor.

E7 heads, E303, 1.7 rr, and a GT40 intake will be at 240 easily.
GT40 heads/intake and E303 will be closer to 260, but a restrictor plate will choke you down and you'll have upper RPM power.

Congrats on the purchase! Too bad CMC is weak in your area. That would fit the bill too.

Thanks! Yeah I have never seen a CMC car in AZ. We occasionally get an AI car that is sponsored by K&N in town and then we see the AI guys when we go to Chuck in Cali.
I would prefer the upper RPM, but I really don't want to throw much at this car since the Coyote swap is still in progress. But, if GT40 heads pop up for cheap as hell, I more than likely will get them.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
Well the honeymoon is already over. Went to drive it around the block before putting it on the trailer and it has no acceleration no matter how much pedal pressure is applied. When getting aggravated and holding the throttle down to the floor barely moves and then backfires/misfires.pops, what ever you want to call it, and just acts like crap. Idle is not bad at all, sounds like a little little cam in it. I bought a fuel filter when I was out picking up a transmission for another car and have been googling and finding different suggestions from the neatral safety switch to the distributor. Problem was not there when I looked at it and had it running before I picked it up nor when I drove it around and put it on the trailer. Funny that I bought this one because I was having misfire issues with my cobra and didn't want to deal with it. Any suggestions or possible ideas?

RichV

Reaction score
Well the honeymoon is already over. Went to drive it around the block before putting it on the trailer and it has no acceleration no matter how much pedal pressure is applied. When getting aggravated and holding the throttle down to the floor barely moves and then backfires/misfires.pops, what ever you want to call it, and just acts like crap. Idle is not bad at all, sounds like a little little cam in it. I bought a fuel filter when I was out picking up a transmission for another car and have been googling and finding different suggestions from the neatral safety switch to the distributor. Problem was not there when I looked at it and had it running before I picked it up nor when I drove it around and put it on the trailer. Funny that I bought this one because I was having misfire issues with my cobra and didn't want to deal with it. Any suggestions or possible ideas?

I would start with ignition.

Hey, hit me up on FB messenger if you get chance. I'm on the FB pages, Richard Vogl

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online