Possible bad injector.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I could not agree more that the cobra looks 100x better then the gt40. Do yourself the favor of polishing it and you will really be happy. Mine is almost done and can't wait to see it next to the polished vortech and the polished mezier electric water pump and all the black trim around it.

While it is out though if your waiting its not all that hard to gasket match the lower to lightly port it yourself.
I do appreciate a polished intake but that's not the direction I wanna go with my engine, it'll probably get painted back similar to what it is now with a lot of attention given to the intake plaque. And may also look into doing a little port work as well. I wanted to send the lower to TMoss but after talking to him thru email he said he wouldn't recommend a ported lower with e7's.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Probably for a good length of time, yes. Unless I find a deal on a good set of heads like gt40's or some AFR's or something. The e7's are freshly rebuilt so I wanna get my money back out of them lol.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would still do it while you have it out myself. The gains would be minimal for sure but when you decide to upgrade the later you will wish you did it if you have not. Don't get in a huge rush to throw it on as with or with out porting it is isn't a mod you will feel a difference with till you do the heads and cam. I had my first cobra intake for almost 6 months before I went to put it on were I ported and painted it all.

RichV

Reaction score
With just the intake, you'll feel a little more top end for sure. But when you do the heads it really uncorks the motor.

But if you ain't got the funds it don't matter anyway. :(

I have an extra set of GT40s, actually Ps. I'd make you a killer deal if you were closer. I'm changing my P heads to standard GT40s in #71, lost way too many races due to a plug wire burning up.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
With just the intake, you'll feel a little more top end for sure. But when you do the heads it really uncorks the motor.

But if you ain't got the funds it don't matter anyway. :(

I have an extra set of GT40s, actually Ps. I'd make you a killer deal if you were closer. I'm changing my P heads to standard GT40s in #71, lost way too many races due to a plug wire burning up.
If it comes apart I'll definitely be swapping to my roller rockers as well which I know won't be a very big difference at all but will help for sure. And define a killer deal....LOL! I've looked into pulling some gt40P's off a mountaineer right down the road from me and having them gone thru at my machine shop but haven't really gone much further than it being just a passing thought.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Pulled my spark plugs yesterday and they were all clean. Wires are still in good shape as is the coil and cap/rotor etc. Sooo I'm still leaning toward an injector either getting trash in it or not working or something? In other news I got my new intake cleaned up and repainted and already have gaskets for it so it's ready to go on if I decide to go ahead and do it now.

rw95gt

Reaction score
Have you checked to see if your maf sensor is clean? Possible clogged fuel filter?

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Have you checked to see if your maf sensor is clean? Possible clogged fuel filter?

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk
I haven't checked the maf yet, but it hasn't been long since it was cleaned. I won't rule it out though I'll check it tomorrow. Fuel filter is brand new though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online