POSSIBLE BLOWN HEAD GASKETS?????

95GTSNJ

Reaction score
Hello.... :help2: :help2: :help2: :help2: :police:

Been having alot of issues with my 95GT overheating.....Ordered a new Fluidyne Radiator as that was an issue had it installed but when mechanic did it( P.S. to all in south jersey...Never go to PG performance if you want good work done...) He said he thought he saw some coolant leaking from the heads in the rear of the engine bay......Well the first day of having the new radiator it seemed to be great.....

temp numbers were in the "O" in normal ( mechanic never installed gauges like i wanted ) so it seemed all was good....WRONG....WRONG....WRONGGGGGGGG

As i was driving the car tonight( and its not hot here in south jersey maybe in the upper 70's) it started to overheat again going well into the "L" in normal....Now the water pump works....all hoses are ok.....thermostate is good......

Got it home and let it cool down. Opened up the radiator cap and check all fluids.....even has some water wetter in it too also lower temps and help new radiator.....

Saw alot of what looked like black grundge in the radiator comming but i noticed that in the resevoir so i need to change that....maybe do a flush then......

But when i had the cap off( yes im getting to the point )...I saw what appeared to be pools of oil in the coolant in the radiator......Man its so true you never get kissed when your getting it from the ass end.......lol

I beleive if im not mistaken then i have a blown head gasket and its time to rebuild this motor......Not what i wanted to do right now but........Am i correct?????

If so anyone in the south jersey area now of a good rebuilder or in Philly area......Pissed now ......oh well THANKS ALL

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
is there any coolant comming out of your exhuast, like white smoke. boggs down etc.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
If the gasket is blown the coolant is going to be going somewhere....have you lost any?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
just adding what the guys have already said, its blown you will have a water loss. You should be aware of this however and since you didnt mention it, that makes me wonder if it in fact IS a gasket? ???

DamieN

Reaction score
cant you check your oil to see if theres any water in it? I thought that was a sure tell sign ?

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
Pull out the dipstick and check the oil. I usually just drain the oil and when it starts coming out like a mocha latte then you have a blown hg.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Staff online

Members online