Possible fuel pump gone bad?

caseypayne69

Reaction score
I was putting my car in the garage today to begin taking the intake off. Lately, during cold starts it will not stay on, just dies off unless I keep the gas pedal down. If I keep it down it eventually hangs in their so I can let my foot off it and it idles. My Fuel pump is making screaming sounds too. And when I rev'd it hard it rev'd then chocked out and died.

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
I just wanted to say it could be a lot of other things but from your description it could be the filter.
Does it run normal after it starts to idle or is it hesitant. Could be vac lines, dirty maf, etc....

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
caseypayne69 said:
Replaced fuel filter three months ago lol.

you have not been to any shadey gas stations have you ? If so maybe they had crappy gas with debris in it :dunno:

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
ya stay away from shitty gas station with the old style pumps has trouble all over it

OP
OP
C

caseypayne69

Reaction score
I get so scared of crappy stations. I go to stations on top of hills, not in valleys where water can gather. And I usually go to Chevron Gas only stations. I'm not big on the quickie marts. I like paying and leaving, not waiting on some guys bingo or cigs purchase.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online