Possibly Burning Oil or Excessive Gasoline

blurry

Reaction score
Ive noticed that when I rev the Cobra over 3k RPM's, white and bluish tinted smoke comes out. Shortly after that, the Low Oil light comes on. The car runs perfectly fine. It only has 39k miles on it. But it may also be excess gasoline, you can see some liquid coming out and it smells STRONGLY of gasoline. The car was supercharged before I bought it with 500rwhp so it has an upgraded fuel pump and injectors. Could running to large of injectors be causing the problem? I dont know if the car was tuned again after the supercharger was removed.

Any ideas? Here is a video of the rev. To add to it, what injectors should I be running? The car is putting out 304rwhp/340ft-lbs of tq.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOvxVXHPz5s

ryclef331

Reaction score
I'm gonna say thats just water vapor (a by product of combustion)...you know like when a car is first fired up when cold it drips water out of the pipes. You really need to watch it under load but that bluish white usually means oil and since you said the oil light comes on....I'd lean towards that.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think your fine, only thing I can think of if it is OIL that the car was sitting too long and the valve seals wore out.

Try using your engine to slow you down, dip up into higher rpms till you come to a slow then drop it down a gear and hammer on the throttle (dont touch gas before this step) look in rearview for lots of blue smoke if you see it then its prob your valve seals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online