Post 96-98 supercharged Engine pics!

dutman98

Reaction score
Hey scarface, how do you like the paxton? 1000 or 2000? intercooled or not?

S

scarface

Paxton 1k, non intercooled. Its good for a starter blower...but if you go with paxton, go 2k w/ intercooler. Im maxed out now, but could go alot further with a 2k.

dutman98

Reaction score
Where would you recommend to buy a supercharger at? If I were to get one I would have to go out of state to get it tuned(Iowa sucks). Would I be able to drive it 300 or so miles? I'm also thinking about a KB supercharger.

ALITL8

Reaction score
3 pics of stangs with SC's... this is sad :nonono:

let me look through my collection and see what i have

ALITL8

Reaction score
one of my customer's cars... (Livernois Motorsports 2003 Kenne Bell S/C Cobra Convertible)

gal-16-p-499-large.jpg

his son's car (95 Cobra)

cobi2.jpg

another client (2000 GT Novi 2000)

mm2000conv.jpg

S

scarface

dutman98 said:
Where would you recommend to buy a supercharger at? If I were to get one I would have to go out of state to get it tuned(Iowa sucks). Would I be able to drive it 300 or so miles? I'm also thinking about a KB supercharger.
IF I had to do it all again, I would go with a KB. you get those from kennybell. It really depends on your other mods. Most SC kits come with a mail order tune...they suck, but it could get you to the tuner.

dutman98

Reaction score
]IF I had to do it all again, I would go with a KB. you get those from kennybell. It really depends on your other mods. Most SC kits come with a mail order tune...they suck, but it could get you to the tuner.
[/quote]

All I have now is p&p plenum and 70mm throttle body with msd and muffler cut outs, 4.10's. If I went with a KB I would do blower cams and catless h pipe with weld in flows. I would do long lubes later. I got 100,000 miles on the car now, but I want to get a forged short block eventually.

S

scarface

you would most likely be able to drive it, however once the cams get installed that may be a different story. I had my cams and LT's instaled at the same time. I COULDNOT drive it after those even with the mail order tune. It was running way too rich and fouled the plugs in 5 mins.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
3 pics of stangs with SC's... this is sad :nonono:

let me look through my collection and see what i have

He was looking for particular pictures of parts that he need to make/buy not just pics of supercharged 4.6's...otherwise we would have dumped all of our pics in here.

Maybe we should start a thread with just pics of the blower setups :dunno:

ALITL8

Reaction score
dutman98 said:
]IF I had to do it all again, I would go with a KB. you get those from kennybell. It really depends on your other mods. Most SC kits come with a mail order tune...they suck, but it could get you to the tuner.

All I have now is p&p plenum and 70mm throttle body with msd and muffler cut outs, 4.10's. If I went with a KB I would do blower cams and catless h pipe with weld in flows. I would do long lubes later. I got 100,000 miles on the car now, but I want to get a forged short block eventually.
[/quote]

i say build that motor first. my tuner wont let me do even the PI swap with my mileage... says it would be a waste of money. take your time, build it right and build it once. just my 2 cents :dunno:

S

scarface

I dont think I would waste my time with a PI swap regardless of the milage myself...I have had the components to do it for a while, but Im just going to swap the whole PI engine in.

ALITL8

Reaction score
scarface said:
I dont think I would waste my time with a PI swap regardless of the milage myself...I have had the components to do it for a while, but Im just going to swap the whole PI engine in.

whats the difference? once the PI swap is done, you have a PI motor, right :dunno:

S

scarface

the pistons are different in the NON/PI engines...I run ALOT of boost, and dont want to have to back the timming down so much to compensate.

ALITL8

Reaction score
scarface said:
the pistons are different in the NON/PI engines...I run ALOT of boost, and dont want to have to back the timming down so much to compensate.

please explain... im kinda stupid when it comes to internals. if you build the motor and replace the pistons, etc., dont you decide on what type of piston?

really, im askin cause i dont know :dunno:

S

scarface

yes, Im talking about just swaping PI heads on a non pi engine. Stock for stock the piston are different. The compression after the PI swap will be higher than that of a stock PI engine.

When rebuilding the engine you decide on what pistons you need for your aplication.

ALITL8

Reaction score
scarface said:
yes, Im talking about just swaping PI heads on a non pi engine. Stock for stock the piston are different. The compression after the PI swap will be higher than that of a stock PI engine.

When rebuilding the engine you decide on what pistons you need for your aplication.

for some reason i though that was the other way around ???

S

scarface

nope...PI swap produces around 10.5/1 if Im not mistaken. I know its higher.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online