Post A Pic Of Your Latest Purchase Thread...

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

tenor.gif

Boostr1

Reaction score
Dude, sounds like you need to see someone about that? Lol

Lol

Some people have mentioned you have to trim the inside of the cover to make it fit if you have some kind of ABS ring in the differential. Do we even have one?

Boostr1

Reaction score
There shouldn’t be any abs rings inside the rear end.

Good to know

Like he said. Abs tone rings are at the outer edges of the axles on the sn95 near the hub.

Yeah, I know they were out there, but thought there might of been another ABS component inside the diff from what I was reading from reviewers. Well I'm glad cause I really want to get that cover.

Boostr1

Reaction score
@joe65 did you also get new bolts with that diff cover. It's thicker than the stocker. Let me know what length you purchased.
Thanks.

lol, Just dropped the cover in my Amazon cart.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know

Yeah, I know they were out there, but thought there might of been another ABS component inside the diff from what I was reading from reviewers. Well I'm glad cause I really want to get that cover.

Luckily our stangs don’t have that. My full size bronco had the sensing coil inside the diff and when it let loose it got caught up in the gears. Rear end didn’t survive.

Worst part was that bronco didn’t have 8.8’s front and rear from the factory. It had Dana’s. Took the shop almost 2 months to find the exact same rear end to replace mine with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe65

Reaction score
@joe65 did you also get new bolts with that diff cover. It's thicker than the stocker. Let me know what length you purchased.
Thanks.

lol, Just dropped the cover in my Amazon cart.
man, i will follow up on that when i get the thing. I was thinking the same thing, i'll go find my own. I've had good luck in the past with socket cap bolts from Fastenal. Just found this also.
upload_2020-7-2_11-46-18.png

Last edited:

Boostr1

Reaction score
man, i will follow up on that when i get the thing. I was thinking the same thing, i'll go find my own. I've had good luck in the past with socket cap bolts from Fastenal. Just found this also.
View attachment 5323
Did a little research and found those same bolts. Might just hit HD or Lowes to maybe get some for less (they're 5/16-18 x 1.25). Reading up on this cover, your gonna need to plug the vent hole in the cover. We already have one on the axle tube.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
oF1bz3r.jpg

I forgot how great these things are. Its just a fancy test light that allows you to put a ground or + pulse on the wire your testing to temporarily power something to check it. It will be in the top drawer of my toolbox from now on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online