Post A Pic Of Your Ride As It Sits

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Project SN9500 hasn't seen daylight in a long ass time.

z3BVFxD.jpg

Is it 3 going on 4 years??

If not then there’s still hope!!!!

Mines going on 4 years and it feels like all hope is gone!!! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damon81nola

Reaction score
Is it 3 going on 4 years??

If not then there’s still hope!!!!

Mines going on 4 years and it feels like all hope is gone!!! [emoji38]

Don’t give up man. I wanna see you get there as much as I wanna get there.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t give up man. I wanna see you get there as much as I wanna get there.

Between trying to finish up all the details with the new house and helping with some family stuff it will still be a while.

But soon enough, work shall begin again.

TrickVert

Reaction score
Nose off for installation of a fuel cooler (I'm re-purposing an F150 trans cooler). Also swapping in a '93 Cobra master brake cylinder, and need to flip the drive shaft to try and get rid of some minor vibes that started after putting it in (Aerostar piece).
d648f160c14287cbf1edf32c485e5523.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Nose off for installation of a fuel cooler (I'm re-purposing an F150 trans cooler). Also swapping in a '93 Cobra master brake cylinder, and need to flip the drive shaft to try and get rid of some minor vibes that started after putting it in (Aerostar piece).
d648f160c14287cbf1edf32c485e5523.jpg

I have a similar cooler being repurposed as an oil cooler

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
If you're concerned about possible rock damage, you may want to consider doing something like this.

fb433dee6ad2bfb65e44946504cdbb22.jpg
ee589ea2e37cb4955ced517219bc0a92.jpg
0dc502092f9648ec0b9eee11a90029b4.jpg

That is a great idea! Mine is going to be located somewhere behind the front bumper on the drivers side. I have a big ass heat exchanger to mount up front and no clue what space I’ll have left as of now.

TrickVert

Reaction score
That is a great idea! Mine is going to be located somewhere behind the front bumper on the drivers side. I have a big ass heat exchanger to mount up front and no clue what space I’ll have left as of now.
Thanks! Even though a rock most likely couldn't bounce up in there, I'll feel better since the thing will be full of fuel and under pressure. It will be mounted on the passenger side, low and against the A/C condenser. An "L" bracket will hold the bottom in place to the lower rad support, and the "zip-pins" will secure it at the top.

PM me if you want some pics. (I don't want to clutter up this thread any more than I already have.)

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hope y’all never get in a front end collision. Your taking a very big dangerous chance for what is a very minimal gain.

TrickVert

Reaction score
Hope y’all never get in a front end collision. Your taking a very big dangerous chance for what is a very minimal gain.

We'll, so do I. Thanks. By the way, the only thing I'm looking to "gain" is the ability to drive the car for more than 45 minutes in temps above 75 degrees and not have the fuel overheat and begin vaporizing in the tank. (Yes, I've tested the evap/venting, etc. The fuel is picking up heat in the engine compartment due to recirculation.)

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Thanks! Even though a rock most likely couldn't bounce up in there, I'll feel better since the thing will be full of fuel and under pressure. It will be mounted on the passenger side, low and against the A/C condenser. An "L" bracket will hold the bottom in place to the lower rad support, and the "zip-pins" will secure it at the top.

PM me if you want some pics. (I don't want to clutter up this thread any more than I already have.)

Go make a build thread! You seem to have some really good technical info, if youre willing to share, I would enjoy reading it. Then you wouldnt clutter this thread.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

Having only posted 60-some odd times since 2006, you can clutter any thread you wish. You could consider starting a new, tech minded thread in our how-to section and I can merge these posts there.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
We'll, so do I. Thanks. By the way, the only thing I'm looking to "gain" is the ability to drive the car for more than 45 minutes in temps above 75 degrees and not have the fuel overheat and begin vaporizing in the tank. (Yes, I've tested the evap/venting, etc. The fuel is picking up heat in the engine compartment due to recirculation.)

Are you using an external fuel pressure regulator? I've read on SVTP that moving it to the inner fender area [around where the lines enter anyway] greatly reduced fuel temps in a return style fuel setup. I will be doing the same when I upgrade to a twin pump setup.

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...y-dropped-my-fuel-temps-by-over-100f.1030180/

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’d think trying to reduce under hood temps would be a much safer way to change this. There is some who’ve tried different hoods and hood vents that have made a difference.

I know plenty of people with big horsepower builds here in Louisville that don’t have issues in the summer and we are considered in the top 5 highest summer temps in the nation due to the location.

I’m all about risk and reward but there is some risk that are just not worth it when it involves the safety of ones self and the safety of others.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online