Post A Pic Of Your Ride As It Sits

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
That's a swell ride! (I remember when "swell" was used a lot.) I just enjoy looking at that green! I call it bottle green but I'm sure that Ford had a spiffy name for that color! If you livd close, I'll drive down and help you wax it before winter!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got the lower intake out of it today to hopefully fix that oil leak. I have 2 compressed disks in my lower back that can only take 45-60 mins of leaning over so far to reach the middle so tomorrow I will start to put it back together.
hkDU6Gb.jpg

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
I understand the geometry, but I fail to comprehend the need (desire) to lower! Could you please explain this?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
its basically a center of gravity thing
the lower your car sits it hugs the road better cornering , it has that tighter feel to the handling
when its at its stalk height it feels a little sloppy
im sure there are some of the guys that will explain more
but that's how i describe it

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
its basically a center of gravity thing
the lower your car sits it hugs the road better cornering , it has that tighter feel to the handling
when its at its stalk height it feels a little sloppy
im sure there are some of the guys that will explain more
but that's how i describe it
RAU03MACH
Yes, I truly do understand what happens when the car is lowered. I simply wonder what the benefits are if the car is not racing? I personally don't see many benefits, perhaps a more aggressive look. And please don't take this as criticism! I respect everyone's right to enjoy a "dream"...isn't that the reason we buy any vehicle? I'm simply curious...

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
my car handles really well witch is what i wanted racing to driving around cruising
i lowered it also for looks , did not like my car looking like a 4x4
but i do have a 4 link on the rear with adjustable upper lower
and caster plates up front with springs
i am not a road course guy , i have taken some windey ass roads with hard banks at 90 mph
i had people gripping the shit out of the seat or hanging on to the dash
these cars were actually meant to be lowered ,from day one it should have been done
i worked at ford when they first came out some of the mechanics were saying it would look better and improve drivability

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online