RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
if you like the stalk look keep it
but like i say i dont like mine looking like a 4x4
or like im hauling rock around town

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
You certainly have achieved your goal as far as I can determine. That is the purpose of owning these things we call "cars". I have owned a few very nice automobiles and have some driving experience as well. My goal s are simple: Keep it pretty much stock, replace the front leather seats and mybe new wheels. That's it. But I always respect everyone's desires to achieve their personal goals.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
You certainly have achieved your goal as far as I can determine. That is the purpose of owning these things we call "cars". I have owned a few very nice automobiles and have some driving experience as well. My goal s are simple: Keep it pretty much stock, replace the front leather seats and mybe new wheels. That's it. But I always respect everyone's desires to achieve their personal goals.
every one has different outlook , i do some car shows , and get a lot of people looking
some like it because its different some because they had one and now they want another one
and these cars are getting scarce and prices are going up

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
also keep in mind these cars have an aerodynamics package to them , you look at the front renders are rounded out then tucks in curves back out to the quarter panels

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
Back in the 70's - 90's I restored my 1958 Jaguar XK150S. Fixed head coupe with right hand drive. Took it to several regional Jaguar shows and once to Nationals. That period of my life is over. I respect show cars but I don't want to ever own one again. Just my preference...I do enjoy your comments and can tell that you have a deep understanding of SN95 cars!

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i do prefer this body and the edge over the newer generations
i also like the fox body and older mustangs
but the sn 95 has a little bit of every thing in the past

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
My wife loves our 96 GT Convertible! We have had several people offer us twice what we paid for it and she said "NO"! Guess it's here to stay. LOL

TrickVert

Reaction score
Even if you're not racing, you can enjoy the better-than-stock performance and handling that a *properly-implemented* and *correctly-set up* lowered suspension setup can provide. (Think curvy roads, off-ramps, emergency maneuvers.) Notice the words I emphasized. My car with Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Eibach stabilizer bars, MM rear LCA's, C/C plates, Tokiko shocks and poly rack bushings handles *far* better than stock and actually rides better, too. And of course, it doesn't look like I'm ready for a Jeep trail, either. :)

J_lope82

Reaction score
Even if you're not racing, you can enjoy the better-than-stock performance and handling that a *properly-implemented* and *correctly-set up* lowered suspension setup can provide. (Think curvy roads, off-ramps, emergency maneuvers.) Notice the words I emphasized. My car with Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Eibach stabilizer bars, MM rear LCA's, C/C plates, Tokiko shocks and poly rack bushings handles *far* better than stock and actually rides better, too. And of course, it doesn't look like I'm ready for a Jeep trail, either. :)
I have the same setup except for the shocks.

joe65

Reaction score
RAU03MACH
Yes, I truly do understand what happens when the car is lowered. I simply wonder what the benefits are if the car is not racing? I personally don't see many benefits, perhaps a more aggressive look. And please don't take this as criticism! I respect everyone's right to enjoy a "dream"...isn't that the reason we buy any vehicle? I'm simply curious...
it is a lot about the look and the gap between the tire and the fender. Lowering Mustangs does cause handling issues if not dealt with properly. The new cars have mostly cured the " 4x4" look that everyone mentions but the fox bodies and the sn95s just had too much open wheel well, looks wise.

for instance : stock sn95 new edge: huge gap between tire and fender
1639153152508.png

stock s550 : much less gap car looks more "sorted" or fitted better.
1639153221517.png

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i have not seen any of the newer ones with wider tires on the rear , and if you do see them they put body kits on the rear wheel wells
or there sticking out a little , there is a few things i dont car about the new design
every one has an opinion

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
it is a lot about the look and the gap between the tire and the fender. Lowering Mustangs does cause handling issues if not dealt with properly. The new cars have mostly cured the " 4x4" look that everyone mentions but the fox bodies and the sn95s just had too much open wheel well, looks wise.

for instance : stock sn95 new edge: huge gap between tire and fender
View attachment 13857

stock s550 : much less gap car looks more "sorted" or fitted better.
View attachment 13858

Speaking of fender gap…

3C76483A-66F5-4132-98DC-966ED1348249.jpeg

tinnocker

Reaction score
I test drove a 94GT before I bought mine. First car that I have ever driven that had been lowered. Worst ride I have ever been in, could feel ever pebble and crack in the road. It probably just had cut springs but it sure rode ruff. If it had been lowered the right way it may have been a more comfortable ride. I like the stock ride of the 94GT that I bought. I just put new shocks on it and it still rides a little harsh. I guess if I want a Cadillac, I need to buy a Cadillac. By the way, I am 74 years old and a little stiff......and cranky.

J_lope82

Reaction score
I test drove a 94GT before I bought mine. First car that I have ever driven that had been lowered. Worst ride I have ever been in, could feel ever pebble and crack in the road. It probably just had cut springs but it sure rode ruff. If it had been lowered the right way it may have been a more comfortable ride. I like the stock ride of the 94GT that I bought. I just put new shocks on it and it still rides a little harsh. I guess if I want a Cadillac, I need to buy a Cadillac. By the way, I am 74 years old and a little stiff......and cranky.
A big reason why a lot of people get over their cars is because they over do it with mods. Aka lowering too much.

Atlantic98

Reaction score
BA96F52E-D07B-48DE-8327-3179351E948A.jpegSadly my car is out up until spring. By then I should have my exhaust on it. Still trying to find a bunch of old school period parts for it. I got some Steeda springs and Tokico Illumina shocks and struts with Steeda ball joints and camber plates. Those should be all done by spring as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online