Post Pics Of Your Trunk Setup

9psi 98

Reaction score
Those are L5 Solo-Barics. The deadener is RAAMmat BXT. I'm extremely happy with it!

1trikgt

Reaction score
Well here goes to my first post on sn95...mine isnt exactly a trunk set-up and some of you will probally think its a little over the top but Im not trying to save any weight or use this car as a grocery getter, its more of a ground pounder lol. Iv done all the custom work on it myself and Im not finished with the set-up yet. I think Im going to start a thread in the member rides section about my car if any of you are interested in checking out more of it.

Jose

2-12's, three amps, and around 3000 watts/rms between my subs and mids/highs
IMG_0147.jpg

Not much trunk space with the air tank
2451542_44_full.jpg

kyle94gt

Reaction score
Fets said:
Heres my little setup. 2 12" Kicker Comps with 300 watt amp with custom ported enclosure.

Heres some crappy pics I'll get some better ones later on today
DSC00174.jpg

Hey Fets.. just a quick note.. take it as you like it but that fuse should really be up in the engine compartment within about 18" from the battery terminal to work efficiently. Just a thought...

I don't have a system in my stang yet but here's a few boxes i've built for a couple of friends :naughty: O0

Arnoldo018.jpg

Arnoldo013.jpg

Before *1st box I did for him* Below

TysBox005.jpg

WiringTysBox.jpg

TysBox001.jpg

After *2nd box I did for him* Below

install018.jpg

install023.jpg

install011.jpg

tybox.jpg

And a box I started for my ranger before I sold it
SpeakerConsole022-1.jpg

SpeakerConsole031.jpg

QwanSanchez

Reaction score
Any one have any pics of people frenching subs into their RSD's? I'm thinking about putting a 10" into an RSD more for sound quality then thumping power. :pimp2:

Fryrice

Reaction score
Geezus Kyle ,6 Solobarics ? Thats insane.

Hey Fets,what do you think about the new Kickers ? Are those the Comps or CVR whatevers ?

I had the oldschool Comps with the red/white/black K in the middle .They slammed hard.

kyle94gt

Reaction score
Fryrice said:
Geezus Kyle ,6 Solobarics ? Thats insane.

Hey Fets,what do you think about the new Kickers ? Are those the Comps or CVR whatevers ?

I had the oldschool Comps with the red/white/black K in the middle .They slammed hard.

haha yeah I know.. it was 4 on a single 3000 watt *true wattage* class d amp, that wasn't enough so he wanted more, went to 6 and two 3000 class d's with a 1200 for his 10 highs and mids. I've had the new kicker comps as well. they've worked really well in my standard cab ranger. *small box application* I'm not sure about the cvr's but I know the cvx's that are new work very well and get down for a good price too. I've had a lot of subs in my days and I think my pick out of all of them would be soundstream subs or JL audio subs.. good prices, good quality, great sound.. overall had the best with them..

Fryrice

Reaction score
Ok cool. Ive THOUGHT about getting back into the sound system game,but I like hearing my car to much.

I also had 3 JL 10W6 back in the day. They slammed haaaard.

kyle94gt

Reaction score
Fryrice said:
Ok cool. Ive THOUGHT about getting back into the sound system game,but I like hearing my car to much.

W6's are damn good subs. Most every sub was built so much better back in the day. Take audiobahn.. man they used to build good stuff.. that was back when they were a smaller more focused company.. they became successful and started producing more and in return cutting corners.. and now a lot of their stuff is cheap and not seen very often. I used to have 2 15'' high excursion series audiobahns and I just couldn't kill them. cracked a cone one day cuz I was pissed and I hit it with my elbow, still played... even beating them on a mmats 1200d just couldn't break them. Talking to Gary Biggs from Harmon/Kardon aka JBL, they're bringing out a lot of good stuff now where in the past some of their stuff wasn't up to part with the times.. but yes.. I second the W6's.. almost half the price of W7's in some places and sound just as good.

Fryrice

Reaction score
kyle94gt said:
Fryrice said:

Most every sub was built so much better back in the day.

Ha, I was in the stereo shop today getting a repair (warranty) and the tech guys were sayin the exact same thing. Its like back in the day ,you had sub makers dedicating their research to just that ...subwoofers. Then they all wanted to make amps,highs ,mids etc. So their original products quality suffered.

Basically ,they are now trying to be all things to all people.

Purple97GT

Reaction score
Dang! As anal as I am about saving weight, I could never put a good system in my GT - even though I'd love bettr sound. :(

Anyone know what the best replacement speakrs are for the stock Mach 460 system? Where can you buy new Mach 460 head units (tape deck and CD)?

I had an expensive Kenwood cd player, but the dang thing kept draining my battery if I left the car sitting for two or three days.

9psi 98

Reaction score
Replace it with another aftermarket deck, don't go back to stock.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
heres mine

Kicker ZX 750.1 amp rated @ 884watts (max not RMS lol)

and a single 10" Kicker L5

Custom enclosure w/ port

P1010976.jpg

P1010975.jpg

P1010973.jpg

P1010972.jpg

P1010974.jpg

P1010971.jpg

P1010969.jpg

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
sounds awesome.. i finally got to turn it up to its full settings. (i was breaking it in for a few weeks)

it bumps loud when i want it to, and quite when i want it to.

O0

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
jbcarshow07aj0.jpg

Just about as simple as you can go. JL 12W3V2 with a JL 250/1 Amp. It hits nice and I can still hear my music without bass drowning it out. Overall, I am very happy with it. Super easy to take out if I go to the track too.

clobato

Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
Here are a few pics of my setup. All of the Mach460 stuff is gone and there is 12gauge wires running from my amps to all of my speakers. This baby CRANKS!!.....all while not buzzing from anywhere outside or inside of my car. If you're gonna do it, do it right!

gtraam6.jpg

Hey, how much sound deadener did you use? I'm wanting to put it in my car, but I'm not sure how much is needed. I was looking at Dynamat, and one of their kits cover 36 square feet, how much does it take?

Reaction score
here's my custom set-up...1800 watt mono MA Audio Amp, 2 10" competition MA Audio subs, 1 farad cap in custom enclosure w/ carpet/suede. It is set up for show, and set up for SQ instead of SPL, b/c I like hearing highs and lows. I was very limited w/ space b/c of the convertible top. It sounds and looks perfect for my taste.

photoshoot10-5-06014.jpg

photoshoot10-5-06015.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online