Post your DYNO #'s!

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I'm thinking of a hair dryer (or two) on my next motor, which will be a 427 set up to run on E85 Ethanol. Looking to throw about 35 pounds of boost at it and top it off with some spray :naughty: Gonna have to back half the car to hold it.

Xuzhu

Reaction score
Ugh, well last year I made 280 hp and 360 torque. Some minor changes have been made, tranny, increased shot of nitrous, timing is set at like 7 degrees and there's no more superchips tune on it. Few more pieces to upgrade then I'll have it back on the dyno and get you some new numbers :)

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
The attached thread is a perfect example of why dyno numbers are complete and total bullshit. I couldn't help myself from replying and will likely start a flame war over on Corral . . but . . so be it. This guy just got his 95 Cobra, Vortech SQ with STOCK PULLEYS AND 24# INJECTORS dynoed and it said his car was putting down 430+ to the wheels.

Sorry . . but I gotta call bullshit on that crap . . lol

Anyway, here's the thread. http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=787778

ALITL8

Reaction score
new dyno #'s with the Steeda Pullies and my DIY Halfshafted/P&Ped stock throttle body

before on a Dyno Jet - 203 rwhp / 276.9 rwtq (said to give higher #'s)
after on a Mustang Dyno - 212 rwhp / 295 rwtq (said to give lower #'s)
:dunno:

she's running a little lean on the low end and a little rich on the high end. gonna do a little mild tune to it in trade for a detail... we'll see what ive got after that :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
new dyno #'s with the Steeda Pullies and my DIY Halfshafted/P&Ped stock throttle body

before on a Dyno Jet - 203 rwhp / 276.9 rwtq (said to give higher #'s)
after on a Mustang Dyno - 212 rwhp / 295 rwtq (said to give lower #'s)
:dunno:

she's running a little lean on the low end and a little rich on the high end. gonna do a little mild tune to it in trade for a detail... we'll see what ive got after that :)

good numbers on your tq ;)

ALITL8

Reaction score
they'd be real nice if they didnt start falling on theyre ass at 3500 rpms. i dont make my max hp until 4000 ::)

other than that im happy with the numbers considering mods and money spent :thumb:

Mattsyellow95gt

Reaction score
My best was 254 hp/291 tq however i was running wayy rich like 11:1 when i should be around 13:1 thanks to a very conservative mail chip tune. They told me i could expect to pick up another 10-15 hp with a reburn. However, im gonna wait till i get my blower b4 get a reburn.

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mattsyellow95gt said:
My best was 254 hp/291 tq however i was running wayy rich like 11:1 when i should be around 13:1 thanks to a very conservative mail chip tune. They told me i could expect to pick up another 10-15 hp with a reburn. However, im gonna wait till i get my blower b4 get a reburn.
not bad at all man.

love that avitar! :p

chip6990

Reaction score
96 gt w/00 block cobra crank, pi heads shaved .03 w/comp cams xe 268, bullitt intake, steeda pullies, mac l/t headers, drgas x-pipe, 2 chamber 40 series flowmasters, 3.73 fms gears, anderson n/a power pipe, k&n filter and a 125 shot of the nx sauce

on motor it makes 305rwhp/315rwtq.......13.92 @ 103 at bristol
on the 125 shot it makes 425rwhp/530rwtq.....12.26 @ 116

both runs on the dyno were on a dyno jet and the runs were at bristol, tn where they dont prep the track and was spinning bad on motor and just stupid on the N2O....

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
See? . . . lol

Truuble - how tall are those nitto's
You happy with them? they look sweet

Nice lookin car.
Howz the new motor install comin'?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my dyno after I did my heads-
3 yrs ago, long story - had to got Denver for a tune.....no tuners in UT at that time.....
a very average tune,
I only got 2 runs, and his laptop battery died...
like I said, long story.
The drive home was fun :)

anyway, stock auto, 5,200 ft elevation, stock exhaust manifold

273 HP 287 TQ

Not sure what it is now, will retune after current mods are done.
anyone know how to correct for stuff like elevation, automatic etc?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
my dyno after I did my heads-
3 yrs ago, long story - had to got Denver for a tune.....no tuners in UT at that time.....
a very average tune,
I only got 2 runs, and his laptop battery died...
like I said, long story.
The drive home was fun :)

anyway, stock auto, 5,200 ft elevation, stock exhaust manifold

273 HP 287 TQ

Not sure what it is now, will retune after current mods are done.
anyone know how to correct for stuff like elevation, automatic etc?

strong automatic :dancing6: :dancing6:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
TRUUBLE said:
See? . . . lol

Truuble - how tall are those nitto's
You happy with them? they look sweet

Nice lookin car.
Howz the new motor install comin'?

Motor is in and running like a scalded dog. Those tires were 305/45/18 DRs . .. I liked them while they held up. They were great on the street -- but I had to do some "persuading" to fit them under the car. They became inconsistent at the track once I hit about 400hp . . . so I got slicks for track use.

I have given up trying to hook on the street . . so I'm running regular Nitto NT555Rs . . 285/45/18.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've always wondered how fast a "scalded dog" runs exactly ??? or how fast a coon dog that " backed into a porcupine" is :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
I've always wondered how fast a "scalded dog" runs exactly ??? or how fast a coon dog that " backed into a porcupine" is :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Yeah . . I always wondered how the dog got scalded . . . lol.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
radiator overflow.

Cool, I'm running the R's on my too.

caseypayne69

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
97 GT Coupe - K&N FIPK, O/R H-Pipe (stock, cats removed), Flowmaster Super 40's (weld ins), Motive 3.90's
203rwhp / 279.6rwtq

I was just wondering, is this a dyno number after just bolt on's, or bolt on's plus a tune? Because I have a similiar setup this plus, its a mustang tuning o/r x pipe, and FR shorty headers. with an SLP loud mouth catback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.