Post your DYNO #'s!

Nightmare

Reaction score
I will be getting mine tuned on the 19th....would be interesting to see if I actually gained anything from the last time.

RichV

Reaction score
Ok here is my sheet! I got my stock Cobra baselined so I could at least know where I am starting from and then I'll know my total gains.
This car is off the lot stock. It didn't have anything done to it. Remember I am also at 6200ft above sea level. So that will hurt my numbers.
dynosheetstock01.jpg

With my new exhaust I prolly gained 5-8rwhp..So I'm thinking it's about 220-225 right now. I won't get another dyno sheet until I get headers and a few other options.

Your #s are low IMO. You should be in the 240 RWHP range 290 Tq. Of course this depends on several things, but the #s SHOULD be corrected for altitude. Ask Rob, if he says yes, then altitude is not a factor. If he says the #s are NOT corrected, then you can add 40-50HP to those #s.

My CMC1 trim E7 headed, Cobra intake, motor made 245 to the tires. With GT40 heads and a E cam it was 259. Your cam is holding back some HP as well.

I like RWR as well. Great bunch of guys, I brought them a slew of road race cars over the last few years, they allways drool all over them. There is allways some very high end stuff in the shop, Rob knows his stuff.

Darhawk

Reaction score
Your #s are low IMO. You should be in the 240 RWHP range 290 Tq. Of course this depends on several things, but the #s SHOULD be corrected for altitude. Ask Rob, if he says yes, then altitude is not a factor. If he says the #s are NOT corrected, then you can add 40-50HP to those #s.
QUOTE]

If I was corrected for altitude wouldn't be it be less. I thought at one time he told me it was 177whp corrected for altitude. I should do it again when it's cooler outside also cause it says it was 87 degrees out and that will make the air less dense.

Darhawk

Reaction score
So here is how I see it, but I could be missing something. The car is almost 20 years old it was suppose to only come with 240HP when brand new and that was at the flywheel, if I am not mistaken. So how could/should it have over 240hp at the wheels without any mods? Plus you lose at higher altitude, which then would make my numbers of 217 reasonable, with only a loss of 23hp?
Correct me if I am wrong, cause I might be way off course here. If I should have more like you said what could be happening to that is restricting the RWHP?

RichV

Reaction score
The corrected # is always higher, that's the one that should be same no matter where you dyno. In my race class we are limited to 260 rwhp, if we race in TX, their #s should be same as ours.

Don't dyno again just for cooler air. It may be worth a couple of hp, but honestly, you're not changing anything. If you bump timing to 15*, get the full exhaust, some new plugs and wires ( if old), and if you can swing it a better cam, I bet you pick up close to 50rwhp. That you'll feel.

Darhawk

Reaction score
The corrected # is always higher, that's the one that should be same no matter where you dyno. In my race class we are limited to 260 rwhp, if we race in TX, their #s should be same as ours.

Don't dyno again just for cooler air. It may be worth a couple of hp, but honestly, you're not changing anything. If you bump timing to 15*, get the full exhaust, some new plugs and wires ( if old), and if you can swing it a better cam, I bet you pick up close to 50rwhp. That you'll feel.

So if my numbers are corrected ( which I am going to double check again ) then why the loss?
I do already have new spark plugs and 9mm wires and new exhaust minus headers. I might need a timing bump, I'm not sure cause they did a tune on it I'm pretty sure last year. I'd like to add a Cam but new heads would have to go in with, kill 2 birds with one stone.

RichV

Reaction score
So here is how I see it, but I could be missing something. The car is almost 20 years old it was suppose to only come with 240HP when brand new and that was at the flywheel, if I am not mistaken. So how could/should it have over 240hp at the wheels without any mods? Plus you lose at higher altitude, which then would make my numbers of 217 reasonable, with only a loss of 23hp?
Correct me if I am wrong, cause I might be way off course here. If I should have more like you said what could be happening to that is restricting the RWHP?

You're not far off. The cobra was underrated a little, IIRC 240 was closer to wheel hp. My 86 made 220ish on a Mustang dyno. 176 uncorrected was my 'with altitude' number.

Darhawk

Reaction score
What is the average percentage of Hp that falls off/down from the flywheel to the wheels, but that would be good to know?
Even if you look at AtlanticBlue98 his is lower than the specs for that year. 1996 Cobra spec out with 305hp. I guess that is why we buy mods to gain back what we lose then some. I didn't know the HP from a 94 increased so much to 96, but I wanted the 5.0 for nostalgia! I love those MACH 1's!!! Droooool

I posted my results because I thought it would be interesting to see what a bone stock '94 cobra numbers are from off the treadmill! LOL! But all this talk makes me want to increase my output a bit more.

RichV

Reaction score
It depends on the driveline. Automatics will see about 20% loss, where stickshifts will be about 15%.

Pushrods FTW! :)

Nightmare

Reaction score
you change your set up much at all?

I made a thread about it last week, however the over all setup hasnt changed much engine wise (cai,off road x, cat back) however I added the accufab 75mm tb and a billitt steel flywheel. I also replaced all of the first owners mods since the last tune (ebay cai and flowmasters) with better parts....Below is the old setup and the new set up

old set up
Flowmaster American Thunder Catback
Ebay CAI (fender mount)
Bassani off road x pipe
3.73 gears (dosnt effect hp, however people might argue with me as far as dyno readings)

New setup:
Borla Stingers (a lot less restriction than the flowmasters)
JLT CAI (twice the size of the craptacular ebay cai, also had to relocate the mass air)
Accufab 75mm tb and plenum
FRPP Billitt Steel Flywheel (less rotating mass, slight torque loss. You notice it if you are in the wrong gear going up larger hills)
Exedy Stage 2 clutch
New plugs
All coils replaced
3.73 gears....

This will be the third time on the dyno....first time was on a Mustang Dyno, next one was on a Dynajet, same with this time. Numbers as follows 242rwhp (base line) 256rwhp (final tuned numbers), this time I am shooting for about 265rwhp. I have to find the sheets for the tq.

Part of the reasoning for the retune is I was never happy with the last tune, infact, the "canned" tune that my tuner put in seemed better on the butt dyno. He ended up backing off the spark/timing because it was breaking up in the higher end for drivability (probably due to the coils having close to 98,000 miles on them). Since the quality of the parts have improved, and the maf is now located in the fenderwell as well, I figured it couldnt hurt.

gslinger

Reaction score
Just got a dyno on 95 cobra was expecting a lot more with the mods, 165 heads, 2031 cam, bbk cold air 70 mm tb, bbk x pipe. rwhp 257 torque 301 air/fuel 301 all at max. Any idea what hp at the crank?

ivan12

Reaction score
Dynoed on 11/8 by Bob Kurgan and made 478/416 on a dynojet. Setup is a stock block 302 with Fox internals (forged factory pistons) Trickflow track heat top end, and an intercooled Procharger D1SC. Only got up to 10 psi at 6k RPM

8BB32125-7CA4-4463-A23C-38F9B041F12B-575-00000063BFDDAA13-1.jpg

That was the third to last pull, broke up around 5,300RPMs and only made around 427rwhp.

http://youtu.be/c3BknJypY-o

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nice numbers man! But we're going to be re-starting this thread soon, so keep your eyes peeled for it! :-D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online