Post your DYNO #'s!

blackfang

Reaction score
8/2004- K&N, o/r h pipe, magnaflow dumps, 4.30's all else was stock, I dynoed 273/263

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bone stock dyno ...........272hp 280tq (this was with the famous ford "FIX" for the 99 Cobras)

ALITL8

Reaction score
97 GT Coupe - K&N FIPK, O/R H-Pipe (stock, cats removed), Flowmaster Super 40's (weld ins), Motive 3.90's
203rwhp / 279.6rwtq

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Bone stock dyno ...........272hp 280tq (this was with the famous ford "FIX" for the 99 Cobras)

Seems a little low for one thats supposed to be 320hp. I remember reading about that and how so many people got pissed at it actually being a lot less hp than advertised.

blackfang

Reaction score
320 hp at the crank is around 272-273 rwhp with the IRS. I use 17-18% drivetrain loss.

Denunzio36

Reaction score
best pull was 230 hp / 273 Fpt....

Trick Flow Street Heat upper and lower intake
MSD distributer and coil
70MM Throttle body
73MM C&L MAF
24lb injectors, FPR, 255lph fuel pump
3.73 gears

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
First . . let me say that I think dyno numbers are bullshit. The ONLY numbers that matter are ET and MPH!!

That said . . . I pulled 402/365 on my 306 combo . .

Oh yeah . . . . those are Mustang Dyno numbers . . so you need to add about 20% to get Dynojet numbers (482/438)

On the internet HP calculator I'm making 477 at the wheels (based on trap speed).

I expect these numbers to go up about 15% with the 331. :banana:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
First . . let me say that I think dyno numbers are bullshit. The ONLY numbers that matter are ET and MPH!!

That said . . . I pulled 402/365 on my 306 combo . .

Oh yeah . . . . those are Mustang Dyno numbers . . so you need to add about 20% to get Dynojet numbers (482/438)

On the internet HP calculator I'm making 477 at the wheels (based on trap speed).

I expect these numbers to go up about 15% with the 331. :banana:

dyno numbers is a tool to use in measuring a motors performance and the gain or loss of that with the addition or replacement of existing parts. That it what a dyno is for, to get the optimum amount of power out of your combo so when you take it to the track you can post the best numbers possible for your combo. And if you feel strongly about them being BS........why did you bother getting your cars dyno numbers? ::)

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
[\quote] dyno numbers is a tool to use in measuring a motors performance and the gain or loss of that with the addition or replacement of existing parts. That it what a dyno is for, to get the optimum amount of power out of your combo so when you take it to the track you can post the best numbers possible for your combo. And if you feel strongly about them being BS........why did you bother getting your cars dyno numbers? ::)
[/quote]

We agree completely. Dynos are fantastic as a tuning tool. BUT, comparing different cars on different dynos to try and determine the actual power output of those cars is an exercise in futility. There is too much variance from dyno to dyno. The dyno numbers I got for my car were incidental to tuning the car. That is to say . . . I don't put the car on the dyno to get the numbers . . . I put the car on the dyno to tune it. The numbers are only useful as a tuning tool that compares any given mods on my car (on the same dyno) to my car before I did those mods.

That said, I stand by my statement that dyno numbers are BS when you are comparing different cars on different dynos.

Do we agree?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im with ya :) and in closing........the et's ARE what matters who cares what hp and tq your making if your looking at someone Else's ass end. ;D

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Yep . . . . my favorite thing is hitting the brakes right before the finish line and still taking the win . . . seeing brake lights before you lose REALLY hurts . . lol

Of course . . . the ass end of my car is VERY attractive . . . ;)

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
See? . . . lol

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Awwww, shucks . . . . thanks guys . . . lmao

But .. here's the part that makes most people light headed . . .

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
What is that?.....................a hopped up lawn mower engine? ;D

j/k Very nice, its plain to see why you run in the 11's. Boost is where its at :thumb:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
What is that?.....................a hopped up lawn mower engine? ;D

j/k Very nice, its plain to see why you run in the 11's. Boost is where its at :thumb:

I pulled the motor out of my John Deere riding mower and slapped an S-Trim on it. No wonder I blew it up . . . lol.

My 331 is arriving today . . . I can't WAIT to go see it . . . and take some pics!! Going to put more boost to the 331 than I had on the 306. I expect it to dyno between 465 and 485 on the Mustang dyno . . . we'll see. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online