Posted on a mod motor fb page like the fourms more though

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Any mod motor guru's in here looking for the specs on an old set of Cushman's that came in the car the part number between the lobes is 312944.

Also have a few 2v valve cover questions
Would removing the valve cover baffles cause any problems? As well as deleting the factory pcv to run a catch can? I know the can and breathers have been done continously but i was told that's a big problem?

Also I bought a set of valve stem seals for a 2v are they interchangeable to use on per say a 4v ? Head gaskets shouldnt matter as well correct?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Not sure on the cams, you might have to call cms for that. Ive seen a bunch of people run catch cans and I dont see why that is a problem, as long as you block off the open vacuum ports where your pcv used to run. I will be running a catch can on my car as well. Why are you trying to remove the baffles in your covers? I dont see where that will benefit you at all. I know some of the older tfs covers didnt have baffles and they let a LOT of oil get pushed out either into intake manifolds or into catch cans. Cross reference the part numbers for the valve seal but Im going to say they will not work. Maybe [MENTION=14727]96blak54[/MENTION] can chime in, he knows a lot about them. The head gaskets should work fine. Make sure to pay attention to the crushed thickness of the gasket, the 4v heads suck already so you need to keep the squish distance as correct as possible lol.

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Not sure on the cams, you might have to call cms for that. Ive seen a bunch of people run catch cans and I dont see why that is a problem, as long as you block off the open vacuum ports where your pcv used to run. I will be running a catch can on my car as well. Why are you trying to remove the baffles in your covers? I dont see where that will benefit you at all. I know some of the older tfs covers didnt have baffles and they let a LOT of oil get pushed out either into intake manifolds or into catch cans. Cross reference the part numbers for the valve seal but Im going to say they will not work. Maybe [MENTION=14727]96blak54[/MENTION] can chime in, he knows a lot about them. The head gaskets should work fine. Make sure to pay attention to the crushed thickness of the gasket, the 4v heads suck already so you need to keep the squish distance as correct as possible lol.
Exactly why i like the fourms better then stupid facebook pages right to the point. I contacted him and he said there a stage 1 na cam. As far as removing the baffles I did just to flush all the shavings out i havent seen a ridiculous amount of oil in the can or threw the breathers. I was just worried it would cause other problems. Figured I'd ask before I replace the valve cover gaskets.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Facebook pages are mostly kids that used to, or still are, ricers. Oh and idiots that got banned from the forums.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
4v valve seals are shorter than the 2v valve seals. The 2v head valve guide can be modified to accommodate the 4v valve seals. Doing so will add coil bind clearance and open room up for more valve lift.

If your car is computer operated, id plumb the pcv back into the intake, this way the maf reads all incoming air and youll have all the ring expanding benefits.

The quality of people at this forum is top notch. The guys who over see operations will not tolerate the type of ignorance normally found on FB. What I find interesting, ive invited plenty of FB'rs to hag out here and none have managed to present them selves. I also love challenging some self claimed "guru's". Its comical!! But yea, forums are the best.

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Hmmm but vice versa it would have no benefit then.
Currently it's on a stock ecu with a sct chip and some crappy tune. May look into finding the parts to swap back over as I just want this motor to be as healthy as possible.

Lol I've noticed that I'm a little rough on the tech specs when it comes to engine internals per say and alot of the answers I've seen make me seem smart lol. I've read a couple of your threads and enjoy every one when it comes to tech !

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Also unrelated I found what seems to be the cam specs on a sister site so im happy
a1da918800277189959e03a3ce61a788.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
If your car is computer operated, id plumb the pcv back into the intake, this way the maf reads all incoming air and youll have all the ring expanding benefits.

Could you elaborate on this a little, please? I guess im not totally understanding the pcv system. If you could explain it I would forever (more so than I am already, lol) be in your debt!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Could you elaborate on this a little, please? I guess im not totally understanding the pcv system. If you could explain it I would forever (more so than I am already, lol) be in your debt!
The soul purpose of pcv is to take gases in the crankcase and run them through combustion instead of just venting them out.....blah blah blah. Keeping a crank ventilation aids the piston rings sealing properties when rpm's are high. This is all debatable. But again id keep it plumbed if it were a street car.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
4v valve seals are shorter than the 2v valve seals. The 2v head valve guide can be modified to accommodate the 4v valve seals. Doing so will add coil bind clearance and open room up for more valve lift.

The quality of people at this forum is top notch. The guys who over see operations will not tolerate the type of ignorance normally found on FB. What I find interesting, ive invited plenty of FB'rs to hag out here and none have managed to present them selves. I also love challenging some self claimed "guru's". Its comical!! But yea, forums are the best.

I got rid of fb.....dont feel the need

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online