Power door and trunk locks

Grouper Trooper

Reaction score
Can power door and trunk lock actuators be installed on a car not originally equipped as such? Is it just a matter of finding a donor car and programming a new FOB?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure if the harness is ran for the trunk pop but I would not be surprised. The wiring for the keyless should be not sure I would go with factory equipment over aftermarket. Aftermarket keyless entry's were not much installed last time I checked and if you need the trunk actuator I can pull it off of my parts car.

OP
OP
G

Grouper Trooper

Reaction score
So the best bet is to raid a donor car for all three factory actuators? And I believe the connectors should be already there (unused) for all three? Then it would be a matter of buying a new remote control and programming it for the car?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would assume you would need a stock keyless to go with the remote and a aftermarket actuators in the doors are easier to install then the factory actuators honestly.

J-rod17

Reaction score
What plug would I need to find in the trunk if it's wired already for keyless entry. My 94 did not come with keyless entry.

J-rod17

Reaction score
Same here. Mine is a 10/93 build date and does not have the wiring for it. Not worth changing harness for a factory keyless entry.

ill look into aftermarket options. Last one I priced was around $170 :/

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks like best buy has a viper system for $150 installed. You can find cheaper brands if you look but this isn't something you want to install yourself. I didn't ask as I assumed it was a v6/gts that didn't have power locks or the trunk button in the glove box but need to be sure that this is the case, you don't have power locks and the trunk button right?

J-rod17

Reaction score
I have trunk button and power locks. Remember my power lock not working thread you been helping me on?

unless you were talking to the. OP. Then I apologize

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am helping a few people at a time as well as trying to keep my build going and straight in my head and didn't put the two together. I also didn't realize it wasn't the OP that responded. With your lock problems it would not matter if you put a factory keyless or an aftermarket in if the stock wiring isn't working. The keyless just integrates into the wiring that is already there so neither one would work except for the trunk pop. You bypass it all you would need to install aftermarket actuators in the doors as well as run wire to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online